StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
Gave the Discovery a wash & polish today ready for a trip up north next week.

Can't believe she's 8.5 years old. Still looks great and never seems to age!

2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Attempted EGR blanking kit install, Failed and resorted to drink.. :(

lurch032003

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2013, 09:31:10 PM »
Home from Crieff today to find a small pile of parts needed to start retire and fix other landy for use, time to get camera ready for doc/pics as I do it.  :)

lurch032003

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2013, 09:32:42 PM »
Home from Crieff today to find a small pile of parts needed to start retire and fix other landy for use, time to get camera ready for doc/pics as I do it.  :)
Where its spelt retire should be restore damm iPhone spell checker lol

lurch032003

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
Organising a day next week probably wedensday where mate can get through to do a fix/clean and test run of landrover and help get workshop/garage ready for doing the restore of other one as moment can't move for tools and parts everywhere plus need to make space for all the parts to come of the landrover so can get to the chassis to start repairs on it oh joy what fun we set up for ourselfs lol

lurch032003

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2013, 11:26:20 PM »
Went out today and did a bit of cleaning up, took cab roof off, seat box out, cleaned out rear tub, took pick tapper hammer to chassis to see where I got to start repairs, took down any serial numbers I could find , charge up battery and fixed radiator hose pipe and turned her over at end to run for a few mins and she started first time again no problem , got tyers getting delivers which are her orginal seller found tomorrow early have to collect them in Edinburgh grrr then got mate coming to help fix other landy brake master cylinder and do a road/test run for mate to see him running bar that NOTHING lol :-)

Mikey

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2013, 10:48:37 PM »
Came home from work early to have a look at a fuel problem on the Landy - Not yet sorted. So -
went to the shops in the Classic Rangie, it seems the windscreen wipers have now partially stopped working - TBC...

Ho Hum....
Mikey.
1985 110 CSW, 300Tdi fitted.
1993 Classic LSE, V8 LPG.

Sooty

• been there winched that
  • Name: mike robertson
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »
wasnt today, but i did wash it today

took part in King of the valleys at the weekend, finished 7th overall, 2nd placed "british" competitor, Highest placed landrover axles vehicle, in a field of 48 starters, with 15 teams from europe, 1 team from america,

& had the pleasure of being wave off the start line by Shannon Campbell & interviewed by Dave Cole,

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:16:36 PM by Sooty »
Started out with nothing,
Still have most of it left

lurch032003

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2013, 12:05:19 AM »
wasnt today, but i did wash it today

took part in King of the valleys at the weekend, finished 7th overall, 2nd placed "british" competitor, Highest placed landrover axles vehicle, in a field of 48 starters, with 15 teams from europe, 1 team from america,

& had the pleasure of being wave off the start line by Shannon Campbell & interviewed by Dave Cole,

Congratulation on archiving so much really impressed by this and pic is fab deff one for Pom if not winner for month really really well done
John

Sooty

• been there winched that
  • Name: mike robertson
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
a little video of us scaling the final obstical called "the wall"

after driving 22 miles we had this to contend with, thankfully it was dry so very grippy,

http://youtu.be/hH0tDOXUzKM
Started out with nothing,
Still have most of it left

lurch032003

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »
Took out today into town (Edinburgh) nice drive and warm and stopped to check air in tyers and pleaseny found only back where out a bit and front drivers as suspected was low but all done and had a good drive in , getting use to having overdrive and I just admit it does make a difference noise wise, getting up to speed was easy enough as all roads round here are max 50mph so easily kept to speed limit and wasn't holding up traffic in any way I think she loved having a good run.

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2013, 11:14:15 PM »
Fixed the lights on the stock trailer by lashing on a trailer board, then up to Glenfarg to collect 4 pigs. Scenic route home in the rain via Dunning and Auchterarder.... Got home to find the pigs were asleep ! Lord knows how they managed that in a very rattly Ifor Willams, especially given the potholes on our track at the finish.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
 first major road trip in andy the landy  Edinburgh - Glenrothes asda- then to authermuchy then back to Edinburgh and he's running sweet but noticed in rain yesterday iget a shower as leak in roof lol but some silicon should fix that .

Dave T

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
Out today doing a little navigator training, hopefully stop the domestics during mudmaster  :)
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

lurch032003

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Eric home some tweaking to do on brakes and cluch, adjust or remove rear mud flap due to exhaust and showed him to mate who's been waiting so patient to see him .