lurch032003

Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
 ::) after stupidly fitting the wrong leaf spring to wrong side dooh ! Took off and fitted correct one and since was jacked up on axel stands and could be bothered replaced that sides engine mount also which it well needed , went to partco for other bits and bobs that I needed so in Edinburgh for the night then back out tomorrow to help willie with his cluch probs hopefully after I make a new pipe and get his cluch bleed it will all be working again how it should so enjoy your weekend whatever your doing and most of all have fun .  ;)

lurch032003

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
Well I couldn't get back to doing landy past two days as had to do my Saab brakes pads and after putting it off till I got the right socket for them I managed using a scaffy pole for extra leverage mange to undo the blighters and used it again to tighten them all up .  Drove carefully into Edinburgh till they bed in and can say how nice it was to slow down without a squeal and everyone looking at me lol

lurch032003

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
 AT LAST GOT THE LEAF SPRINGS DONE opps caps again sorry, adjusted headlights to correct level,sorted bad connection to rear brake lights and feel good for doing it just a couple more things to do and back in for its re-test.

lurch032003

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
finnished off doing engine mounts, fitted new shock bushes,tuned engine up a bit so no longer smocking as it was, oh and won a series 2a landrover which i pick up on sunday lol oh well better gets this one finnished and mot as will need the garage for next one lol heres a pic of what i won and if you watch ebay it was on there i won her on.
cheers all and remeber post what you been up to here also please i love reading what others have been doing.
cheers
john

[attachment deleted by admin]

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »
Not much today, just collected the bin from the road-end and went to see a bunch of kids camping in the bottom field. I'll not mention whose new Disco got stuck on the entrance track, it would not be fair to Jamie.

;D
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

well last min checks on Mandy the landy today and found cause of break problem, front passenger side pipe had been squashed shut against chassis when its hit something, a quick fix later and all breaks working great.

Run to petrol station and filled her with diesel then off to MOT station.

AND SHE PASSED WITH NO ADVISORY'S whaaayy haaay all my work since last nov has paid off.

;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D             

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
Fitted new microswitch to Freelander tailgate on Wednesday, then horsed down to Portavadie yesterday to see the Fife yachts' race start in strong winds.  Magnificent!
http://www.fiferegatta.com/
Nigel

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »
Took the soft top off for a drive to work. I now wonder when the sun is going to come out.

P.s. Nigel, Fife Regatta was Awesome. I was out on Mignon from Tignabruich to Largs on Thursday. Max gust 30kts. A well earned pint.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »
Well done, John.  All the hard work (fun) paid off.
Wow, Ruari.  Really envious, that must have been terrific. There were some heavy gusts - guess we're going off topic!
Never mind, started cutting hedge this morning and loaded S3 for run to coup - sides all rolled up.
Nigel

lurch032003

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
Ty but off topic or on doesn't matter really as it invokes what ypu are doing via a landy like myself today loaded up Saab with tools and a-frame and light board to travel to Surrey to collect a S2 landy my finacee won for me  which is going to keep me very busy by the looks of it , I hope it turns out as good as my S3 which still has cosmetic work to be done and every day run of the mill maintance to be done, anyways whatever your doing this weekend I hope it's fun fun fun in the sun
Cheers
John

lurch032003

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 10:23:36 PM »
Well after my experinaced mind and lack of foresight I have had a horrendous 3 days to eventually get Mandy the landy home and god it was hell never ever again

genem

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 11:15:45 PM »
Well just look forward to a few days of this when you get it fixed - down the lochside to close a gate this evening:

lurch032003

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 11:19:49 PM »
Well just look forward to a few days of this when you get it fixed - down the lochside to close a gate this evening:

That's just looks so great where are you and yes I look forward to that day .

genem

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
Near Callander John. Come on a few GRR and we'll get you right into the middle of miles of that sort of scenery.

G.

lurch032003

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Well I state the obvious but you know it's hot bar that have done nothing bar twiddle my thumbs waiting on dvla for paperwork to be returned so can tax andy the landy and paperwork to confirm Mandy the landy as laid up waiting to start her long journey from how she is into a fully restored working landy again well restored to my happiness and governments mot so in meantime noticed it really quiet on this forum there must be stuff happening out there why not post here what your up to or done as quite simply I bored and nosy lol
John