Jack

• Name: Jack Griffiths
Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Finally got round to finishing rebuilding my spare engine so ready to get swapped with the tired old 3.5 in the very near future. Like tomorrow hopefully.  ;D
1981 SIII 109 'Stage One' V8
1973 Range Rover project.

lurch032003

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
Fitted centre cubby box, fitted mud flaps and cleaned it up slightly plus tested dog can get in and out okay lol dogs idear turned round and he was sitting in the back looking like " come on I'm ready " look at me lol

Alan Mc

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 07:16:04 PM »
Fitted diff guard to rear.  Only took about 45 minutes including some "reluctant" bolts so sitting back enjoying a glass of wine in sun.  Front is the next plan....  Alan.

lurch032003

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Well at last and with my memory to find parts I found my stash of bulbs and got all my light bulbs renewed and working at long last and bar my own personal touches to Finnish her off and a road test for the brakes she's ready after 4 plus years since her last mot to get mot so should be seen soon driving about having fun at last soon .
What else can I say bar I'm knackered so weekend of rest and family visits to do till next week hope you all have a fab weekend and keep posting what you been doing
Cheers
Lurch032003
Ps sorry for spelling iPhone spell checker lol has mind of its own

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 01:54:21 PM »
Found in todays rain that the bulkhead vent seals don't. 
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

BigPaul

• Name: BigP
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
It's alright Gene, my sealant repairs didn't work either :(.  Plan B becons ::)

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
You have to love Flea bay, One mans rubbish is another mans gold.  :thumbup:

Vent covers taken off, flatted down and resprayed with Plasti-Dip then reinstalled with new stainless steel pins/bolts.

Genuine wing top tread plate, neoprene gasket and staniless steal bolts purchased and never used sold to me 6 years later.

Steering Bash plate steel, flatted down, treated and spray painted.

BigPaul

• Name: BigP
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
Nice job^^

lurch032003

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
Looking good ttuck3r

Stirky

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
Got Disco dirty setting up RTV.
Using wife as my driver as we went round the hill at Torphichen.
She got it stuck in some ruts after my poor instruction, she enjoyed the recovery part though.
Gonnae no dae that

lurch032003

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
Going to see if I can get her health check done today fingers crossed as still to check brakes since repairs done

Oh and almost forgot got motorhome going in for some welding and brakes fix lus its health check damn all at once got the others mid of July next grrrr  never ends lol
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:31:42 AM by lurch032003 »

lurch032003

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »
Going to see if I can get her health check done today fingers crossed as still to check brakes since repairs done

Oh and almost forgot got motorhome going in for some welding and brakes fix lus its health check damn all at once got the others mid of July next grrrr  never ends lol
:-[ well she failed grrr but 5 stupid things and a PO putting 109 leaf springs on her so new set of 88 onway to her plus engine mounts and a tinker should get her passed way hay  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

lurch032003

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »
WENT TO WILLIE-SCOTT TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD HELP HIM OUT AND HAVE A LOOK AT HIS LANDYS VERY NICE I MIGHT ADD opps caps sorry, think info i have given has helped and he gets it going soon also went by manx-cat on way home drop off window lock he was after and got home nice package of new bulb holders for my landy has arrived so off to fit them and start stripping her down for new parts .
laters folks

Marshal - Jules

• Name: Jules
What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26:14 PM »
http://www.jms-cs.co.uk/images/temp/20130624.jpg

Farewell !

Faced the harsh realitiy that i don't have enough time.

I am left with four doors and the tailgate of a 300tdi, blue with grey leather interior £ 50

Various alloys, best described as used condition.

Jules

[attachment deleted by admin]

lurch032003

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
Well replacement leaf springs arrived today so got stuck in and have got one change so far and can't see much difference from before , me thinks mot inspector has made a bad call but will carry on and do them no harm done and will service the others I keep them greased up as spare in case in need them in future just need the vehicle engine mounts to arrive to complete all the repairs they said it failed on done and we will see what they have to say then anyways big brother s@@t is on so laters