galvanising original parts

· 32 · 7891

Fishdoctor

Re: galvanising original parts
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »
Hello

I'm in buchlyvie which is between Stirling and Glasgow. Send you a pm with my phone number. I'm not sure if you need to keep the orignal block in there. As far as the DVLA goes you can change a few things on the without it loosing its identity so i quess it is not a problem With the money going quick at the moment I might keep it with the original engine. Something else that might be a problem is that teh original chassis number might be hiding a bit behind the zink at the moment. Must say i haven't checked it. I seem to remember that you can take an x ray off it to make it visable again. Will try that when I'm over in the Netherlands. I'm sure that is how the police look at stole cars aswell.

I def. put it on LPG as the 17 MPG is a bit of an issue for long trips but not so much to go to a diesel. Just love the sound of the V8

matt

georgew

Re: galvanising original parts
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
I cant see any reason the company that galvanised the chassis should not give you a Headed letter stating that they galvanised the chassis at such & such a date.
They should really check for Chassis Numbers or ones that are removed before accepting a chassis.

Thats good enough for the DVLA in the UK.
That and a photo record & reciepts do it for them.
They will then say you can attach a new plate with the original chassis number.
(or how ever they feel at the time, they dont bother, best get a need plate tho i would think)
They sometimes ask for an visit of the Vehicle to be looked at, but without a formal VIC.

With that done in the UK, i would hope that keeps the Netherlands people happy.

george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk