?? Coil Springs ??

· 7 · 1486

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
?? Coil Springs ??
« on: October 17, 2012, 02:17:45 AM »
?? As above, I am going to order new HD coil springs for my 1987 90, and shockers at the same time, but how would I know if I need standard length ones or 2" lift ones ?? Is there away to distinguish, ie height from the ground or the spring length while under weight ? and any recommended suppliers (at the moment Paddocks seem to be the best price wise)     Thanks in advance for any advice. I will have nearly been quicker building a new one .            Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
Re: ?? Coil Springs ??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »
Padock..... suspension is quight/very important, Fit quality tried and tested parts that are matched for each other
She said at my age I need something else to play with

Malc

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
Dunc,

if you have a farm jack the springs are a ten minute job to get out. Then you can measure the free length to be sure.

Malc
Disco 300tdi
Defender 90 V8

chris07

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »
hd spring arent a good ider unless your carting about briks/slabs alot of the time also thay hurt my back with the bone shaking ride thay give

chris

Dunc

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:21:17 AM »
 :) :) :) I am going to fit standard springs as Ive already been told that unless you are carting round heavy loads they are no good, also Britpart dynamic shockers. So thanks for all the good advice. Just hope its as easy a job....    Thanks  Duncan

aqms987

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 10:25:57 PM »
 ref rear spring boosters, I use air bags fitted inside the rear coils. It has the advantage that you can vary the air pressure to suit if a heavy load is being carried. I use my 110 for suspend tows on rally recovery when I have a demountable crane fitted. This has the benefit that when I do not need the stiffer rear suspension I can readily reduce the air pressure again. The basic kit costs around £80:00
& is an easy DIY fit.

Dunc

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »
Thanks for all the info so far, keep it coming as the information will store somewhere in my head.  Duncan   Oh and are Britpart that bad ?????