SCCC Drumclog 15th/16th Sept

· 8 · 3218

AKM

SCCC Drumclog 15th/16th Sept
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
Another fantastic event, lots of twists and turns and a great course if a little slippery by Sunday :-)) Enjoyed every minute, even when I allowed David in the Yellow Peril to overtake me... I spun out on purpose to allow that to happen ;-)

Thanks again to all the Organisers and Marshalls!  And to all the photographers for a great set of pictures!

Looking forward to Forrest (hopefully it won't be as costly as the last trip to Forrest)!

Ann and Allan
Car 35 (Dennis)
 ;D ;D ;D

PS thanks to my navigators too, Cameron, Pauline and JD :-)

AKM

cakequeen

• Name: Michelle Stevenson
Re: SCCC Drumclog 15th/16th Sept
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
Ditto Ann...another fantastic event, well done and thanks to all the set up crew, organisers and the marshals, for their invaluable help over the weekend.

Also special thanks to my lovely timing ladies....Sarah Caisley.....Molly Hails....and Eileen Knight......and newly enrolled countdown man of the moment Nick McNeil...great job peeps, I'll be able to leave you all in charge now and get back into the seat beside my lovely hubby  ;D ;D

Disappointed that no Sunday drivers arrived after recent discussions on the other forum. Especially as it WAS the last 2 day event of the season..... Makes me wonder what "that" was all about really!!???  :-\ :-\ :-\ :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Finally thanks to the lovely David and Shrrrnnn (and Doug)  :P for putting up with me ALL weekend...had a lovely time.

Col got on well with repairs over the weekend, being left at home all on his tod   >:( >:( but happy to say he will definitely be at Forrest Estate for the final round....YAHHHHHH   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michelle

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »
Another great weekend with my poor camping facilities...thank gawd for the caterers eh!!! Glad to hear Colin and Simbug will be up and running for the next comp  :D :D :D :D Good news indeed!

bens101fc

• Name: Benjamin A. smith
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »
I've finally had the chance to sort through my photos and post them:

http://www.fourfold.org/bens/Events/SCCC_2012_5_Drumclog/

Firstly a link to a page of the best 75 or so shots.  Then links to pages with photos that contained each competitor.  Click on the small slides to get bigger versions.  If anyone wants full resolution photos let me know and I'll post them up on fourfold.  Each original photo is betweem 5MB to 7MB.

That was the first comp that I ever attended.  Wow.  We are completely remiss in the U.S. for not running events like that.

Ben

team yorkshire

• Name: james barker
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02:58 AM »
Thanks Ben for the super pics, it is good to see what fun it is out on course,
Jim, Teamyorkshire (car3).

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »
Brilliant pics Ben..it's always great to see pictures of all the action and I'm sure the competitors all really appreciate the pictures folks like yourself take at these events  :D

It's been fun to see a few pics of us the timing crew at the last 2 events..I don't know how any of the rest of my timing buddies feel but (even the less than complimentary pics haha! ) are a nice memoir to have of a great weekend of racing with a fab bunch of people..so how about pics of the other marshalls out on the hill..we go on about there being fewer of them..lets get pics of them doing the great and necessary job they do and give them a pic of themselves and their vehicle to remember their weekend by..or are you hill marshall guys camera shy..... just a thought...we always photograph the action but what about the team behind it without which none of it would take place............

peoples thoughts....  ;)

Number31

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »
Here's a taste of mine :

More at www.fotoring.co.uk

Number31 (or is it 14 this year?)

Puff

• Name: Pauline Stevenson
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »
I Would just like to add my thanks to all the team who put on another great weekend at Drumclog, And thanks to Mark and Ann for letting me sit in with them it was a lot of fun! I also think it's good to see photos of all the people who help out, especially when they don't know they've been caught on camera!