forest lodge comp safari

· 11 · 4416

jumplead

• MM3JZB. . MSA SCRUTINEER, lowbox 21
forest lodge comp safari
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »
A big Thank you to all supporting marshalls and well done to big eck for a brill course with lots of real off road parts.
Thanks to all giving me a big hand with car tweeks etc. had the best weekend of the year so far.
see you all again at the next comp when i will be back to scrutineering. Jumplead Jonny. ;D

AKM

Re: forest lodge comp safari
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:26:48 PM »
Agree with Jumplead.  Thanks go to the organisers, marshall's and course builders.

I would also like to thank Mark Caisley for allowing me to navigate for him on Saturday after Allan (and I) burst the fuel tank. 

Then on Sunday to Robert Agnew for the 25ltr Container, Colin for the hose + clips, Jumplead for the use of his drill and to Allan for making a worthy fuel tank to allow us to drive all day Sunday.

Last but not least to Jonhnnie D for navigating for me, to Big Eck and Eric for supplying power tools to allow us to change the wheel after our puncture when I took a slight diversion on the course :-)

Great weekend.  Looking forward to the next round in August.
AKM

corvettedave

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
Good seeing everyone today

here's some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6t4FTglm2g&feature=youtu.be

dave

sainter4x4

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »
thanks to all involved with the running of the event and to all that were there over the weekend had such a great weekend and such a laugh role on next round

Dsteven

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »
Without a doubt the best event to date for me, although perhaps slightly swayed by the fact that the racer behaved (more or less) and went home in the same shape as it arrived! Result

So a big thanks to all the marshalls who travelled a long way and without whom we just simply cannot run these events, to the scrutineers, timekeepers and organisers who often put in so much time and planning, often weeks ahead of the event to make it safe and enjoyable for all.

Special thanks to Big Eck for designing a great course, what a combination of hills, holes, straights and turns. Hope to see you designing many more. To Sharon for keeping everyone in line on the line and for getting us all away (has anyone ever noise tested Sharon? suspect I'll pay for that) "5,4,3,2,1" could be heard at the top of the hill in the next valley!

And where else in a race series do your fellow competitors turn up and spanner for you and then go source the parts? Thanks to Robert S, Alan and Ann and to Johnny C for keeping me running

See you all at the next event

ps - How did I forget?? Thanks to Nicola McC who but kept me on the right track. Boy, can she shout too!;-)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:20:40 AM by Dsteven »

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:08:30 PM »
Without a doubt the best event to date for me, although perhaps slightly swayed by the fact that the racer behaved (more or less) and went home in the same shape as it arrived! Result
I notice you were without your usual partner-in-crime.... would the two be related, or is that just coincidental?
 ;D ;D

northern focker

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:13 PM »
What a weekend it was fantastic and even looks like I may be finally getting my motor sorted I even towed a car in to pits,
its nice to know the tow hook on the back is as strong as the one on the front , many thanks to everyone involved in putting
it all together there are alot of unsung heros in this sport looking forward to the next which makes a change for me.
ps be careful it is safer to do 100mph in the forest than to upset Sharon. 

Number31

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
I notice you were without your usual partner-in-crime.... would the two be related, or is that just coincidental?
 ;D ;D

Ian, I'm meant to be the steadying influence ;-) should be back to mayhem and chaos in August.

nigelh

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »

Excellent weekend, thanks to all involved. First finish at Forrest Lodge, didn't want to stop racing on Sunday........had a ball. See everyone in August.

Scott110

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Myself and truckster had a great day in the forest. Thanks for putting us in a good spot..... Eventually we found it  ::) . Wish we could have helped on Sunday but we were busy with house work. Deffinatly be back to help in future. Great day fantastic motorsport and always a good day out. Top marks guys.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

N_MAC

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »

So a big thanks to all the marshalls who travelled a long way and without whom we just simply cannot run these events, to the scrutineers, timekeepers and organisers who often put in so much time and planning, often weeks ahead of the event to make it safe and enjoyable for all.

Special thanks to Big Eck for designing a great course, what a combination of hills, holes, straights and turns. Hope to see you designing many more. To Sharon for keeping everyone in line on the line and for getting us all away (has anyone ever noise tested Sharon? suspect I'll pay for that) "5,4,3,2,1" could be heard at the top of the hill in the next valley!

And where else in a race series do your fellow competitors turn up and spanner for you and then go source the parts? Thanks to Robert S, Alan and Ann and to Johnny C for keeping me running

See you all at the next event

ps - How did I forget?? Thanks to Nicola McC who but kept me on the right track. Boy, can she shout too!;-)

Thanks for the mention David! :) Was good sitting in with you. At least we kept the car on it's wheels this time  ;) My dad read this and said that I must be getting lessons from Sharon on how to shout loud! Ha ha