water based paint

· 7 · 1757

splosh90

water based paint
« on: February 10, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
he fokes, was looking to respray my 90 this summer but when i popped into my local paint shop he cold me 2 Cellulose Paint was dead and i'd have to paint it with water based paint

has anybody used it and if so any thoughts??

any help would be good

cheers everyone
G

allen

Re: water based paint
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
can get you solvent based 2k if thats what you need  ;)

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »
Hi, you might be interested to know that we had very good results repainting our series with white spirit-based paint that we bought from Bill, who runs http://www.paintman.co.uk.

It sprays very easily and isn't frighteningly toxic. But don't skimp on the undercoat.

Bill was very helpful and I think there's probably not much he doesn't know about painting Land Rovers.

Hope this helps!

WELDER 1

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
dingbro do an enamel paint you just add fast flash thinners to just like cellulose to paint an leave to air dry has to be inside with some heat use this a lot to paint the spec lift and slide beds on my recovery trucks

splosh90

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
thanks very much people i will give bill a shout.

dantheman

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »
theres a paintman in thornton,who supplies every kind of paint,and mixes it up while u wait too
land rover daft!!!or just plain daft!!!!!

scotdub

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
OK all bodyshops these days have to use water bourne paints due to regulations changing.

But a few companys still supply 2k basecoat. PP Paints is an english based company. Autoscot in paisley supply 2k basecoat but is now called industrial basecoat. Is a high solid instead of medium solid of days gone by. You just need to thin it a little more then 2:1. Like 2:1 + 20 - 30% extra thinners.

Also dingbro do a 2k commercial paint. Is only available in solid colours not mettalic. Again this is high solid so will just require a little more thinners.

My land rover is painted in standofleet. Which is the commercial paint supplied by dingbro. They do have a wider selection. But the standofleet was my choice. U-pol do a cheep paint also.

Gary