FOR SALE 100" TOMCAT/WANTED 88" ALRC COMP SAFARI RACER

· 4 · 3726

kdtomcat

FOR SALE 100" TOMCAT/WANTED 88" ALRC COMP SAFARI RACER
« on: January 05, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
Hi just wondered if anybody knows of any decent 88"ALRC tagged racers out there. We are selling our 100" as we would like to compete within the ALRC. The higher the spec the better as we are planning on doing the borders one day!!!!

Here are the details for our tomcat:

100? Tomcat
2008 Build
3.9 V8 with KnN air filter and Performance Leads sat on Tomcat captive engine mounts
200tdi Radiator with Kenlowe fan
Tubular Manifolds with a one off Powerflow stainless steel exhaust system
Ashcroft Automatic ZF Gearbox with 4.6 torque converter and it?s own oil cooler with fan
Defender Transfer box for quicker accelerartion
Tomcat fibreglass panels include: Bonnet, Truckcab Roof, Front Wings, All Inner Wings, Grill, Gearbox tunnel.
Internal panels also done by Tomcat
OMP bucket seats
4 Point Sparco harnesses
Navigator contols for wipers, horn and washers
Rear radius arm conversion done by Tomcat
Tomcat Race springs
12? Shock Mounts with Pro comp shocks
Polybushed all round
Series alloy Fuel Tank
Red Top Battery
Fine spline diffs and shafts
EBC drilled and grooved brake discs all round with EBC Green Stuff Pads
QT steering wheel boss, steering wheel , Front and rear diff guards, QT light pod also included
Heavy duty drag link and track rod (Tomcat)

Spare engine, shocks and some other bits and bobs!

We also have the log book from the donor vehicle if you were wanting to put the truck on the road

Ideal racer for beginner or if you are wanting competitive fun at a low cost price!!!,

Viewing is more than welcome by appointment

?5000 ono

Located in Lincolnshire

Please contact me if you would like any more information

You can see the tomcat in action on YouTube at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3W0cL6KTOw
Plus you can see more video?s and pictures on the Team Spud Off Road Motorsport Facebook page

Team Wasp

Re: FOR SALE 100" TOMCAT/WANTED 88" ALRC COMP SAFARI RACER
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »
Hi Chris
Welcome to the SLROC forum and best of luck with the sale of your 100".  I sold mine last week and it was advertised on AWDC, Ebay and SLROC same as you have done.  I had over 4300 views on ebay and 185 watchers.  That boiled down to about 10 seriously interested parties and the car has now gone to Kent.

I know you are a long way away from Scotland but just wanted to mention to you that 4 of this years 6 Scottish comp safari events are now 2 day events.  We have a number of entries from south of the border and thanks to these guys making an effort and travelling from the North East and from Yorkshire etc we can hold good events on good tracks able to rival some of the better events 'down south'.

You mentioned interest in doing the Borders.  The SLROC/SCCC event on 16th and 17th June is at Forrest Estate, home of the BHR for the last couple of years and hopefully this year.  Perhaps it is worth your while coming up and competing in the SLROC/SCCC and giving yourself a taster for what type of ground the BHR runs on, as the 7 mile course that will be used forms one of the stages used in BHR.

The other Comp events are on the calendar at the top of the page and are in Dunbarton, Strathaven, Stirling, Bathgate and Galashiels apart from the one at Castle Douglas.
Hope you will give it some thought.  Everyone is made welcome.   The courses are superb, the organisers are enthusiastic, the scrutineers approachable and pragmatic (!), the marshals are helpful and friendly, and the more competitors the better!

All the best.
Brian

kdtomcat

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
hi brian
thank you for your message, I will definately try to get up there at some point it sounds like you have some good events!!
Thanks for letting me put our add on the forum, Out of the all the forums I have seen this one by far has the most activity, I am glad you got your truck sold it looks like it was a nice motor!!

I have been thinking of doing the borders for a couple of years but  finances will not allow!! Some friends invited me to go with them last year and spanner for them so I could get to have look and see what it is all about and how it all works and I must say we had a cracking time!! I would love to have a go one day!!

regards
chris

kdtomcat

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »
SOLD!!!