Project For Sale / Might be breaking - Disco 300 Tdi all Parts

· 8 · 2279

Ian A

As the subject says I've got a project for sale

It's a Discovery 1, 300 Tdi, 1998 R Reg with about 120,000 miles on the clock - 5 speed manual, light green, 7 seats, load area cover, roof bars, etc.

It's Mot'd until the 18th March 2012 (so it's run out) and taxed until the end of April 2012 (I think)

It's had a new alternator fitted along with new rear springs, shocks, rear end bushes, etc

Rear inner wings, by the back doors, are in good order - not been patched, small amount of corrosion there, just needs treated and finished before it gets any worse

Boot floor is in good condition with only a small amount of corrosion showing, no holes and it?s dry

All the body mounts are still there and are complete and in good order

A few small dents here and there + some oxidisation / bubbles under paint in some areas as would be expected for a car of this age. It?s not brand new.

Full exhaust system seems to have been replace recently

Comes with alloys and good condition tyres

Pioneer CD / Radio head unit fitted and a 6 disc changer included - the 6 disc changer isn't fitted yet - user manual included

So why is it project I hear you say...........

The transfer box needs replaced, there's quite a bit of play in the front output and it doesn't sound to good when you turn it by hand or drive it.

Replacemnet transfer box included

It will also need some welding to the chassis and might need some work on the sills for the next Mot, I don't have the facilities here for that.

Located in the FK5 area, Larbert, not to far from GEM 4X4

PM me for more info or pictures or to arrange viewing - Thanks, Ian

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:30:32 AM by Ian A »

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
Re: Project For Sale Price Drop - Offers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
do you have any pictures, lenny@lcsengineering.co.uk
lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
hello fella the email came through but cant open any of the pictures???
lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

Ian A

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
So I'm considering breaking this up for parts  :'( which is a shame as the bodys is great just let down with a rusty chassis

Anyone interested in any of the main components - engine, gearbox, transferbox, axels, interior, wheels and tyres, etc

Anyone interested in any of the smaller bits - rear springs and shocks (HD 110 springs), doors, bonet, lights, etc

If enough interest I'll break or if you want the whole thing, as it is, it's yours for £800 (would need a trailer to take away as transfer box isn't good at all)

PM me and I'll see what interest I get then let everyone know if it's being broaken up or not

Cheers

Ian

discodavy

Re: Project For Sale / Might be breaking - Disco 300 Tdi all Parts
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
hi ian pm sent ;)

Ian A

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
PM's replied to from Bill, Davy and Colin
Text reply to Robbie

Does any one else want anything if I break this Disco up?

At the monent the things that would be gone are:

Engine + associated bits under the bonet, Rear axel, front axel, doors, wheels and tyres

Things left would be:

Gearbox, transfer box X2 (ones for bit's only), propshafts, head lights, rear lights, towbar, front bumper, rear bumper, rear springs (HD 285lbs) and shocks (both new within the last 6000 miles), ignition lock with two keys (new in sept, hardly been used since), bit's and bobs inside the car
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:39:44 PM by Ian A »

Ian A

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
There been quite a bit of interest in parts so I think I'll break the disco up - still a real shame

The engine is now up for grabs as Bill has changed his mind - happy to do a deal for all the bits under the bonet to go with the engine - manifolds, airbox, all but new alternator, radiator (not great but would do as a stop gap) intercooler, etc, etc

Am not sure if discodavy is still interested in the front axel, seats and doors so if anyone else would like them get in touch

Anyone interested in the power steering set-up? or any of the other bits I've mentioned before?

Thanks to all for the messages so far

Cheers

Ian

DRH

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
Ian

Sounds like I might not be out of the running yet?

By the way - your new drive's taken shape pretty quick - send them round to my house to dig up the old grass

Regards Duncan