Bathgate comp - many thanks from the Organisers

· 1 · 2198

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Bathgate comp - many thanks from the Organisers
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »
Many thanks to the marshals, timing crew, setup crew, take-down crew, and emergency response crews for a particularly well run event.

Setup was pretty swift and take-down was (by the look of it) very muddy.

My thanks to Alan for "practising" Clerk of the Course, which allowed me to experience Control.... and then go for two runs in car 23 (the white Simbugginni - and I was in the car when Colin set the fastest lap of the day :GRIN: )

I am glad to report that the emergency response crews were mostly able to gently rest their eyes... with only car 7, car 31, and car 50 giving us slight palpitations as they fell over or dived into the undergrowth at various times.

Hopefully you all had fun watching the madness unfold in front of you..... I still can't believe how much time the cars were spending going nowhere - whilst still under full power!

The final event of the year is down by Galashiels.... with the crew from car 4 designing the course :D
Colin Stevenson looks to have the championship sewn up, but nothing is certain in this game, and Brian Hilditch will be looking to affirm his second-place in the championship. Further down the field, just 5 points separate 10 competitors!

Hope to see you all there!