Freelander Adventurer Boot not opening

· 5 · 1740

bairnr

• Name: David Russell
Freelander Adventurer Boot not opening
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
HELP!  The boot is not opening on my freelander, window is also down and will not go up.

Switch on centre console not opening / closing car and also not operating window.

Pressing the fob buttons will open and lock car, but horn going off to state that boot window is down.

Anyone any ideas how to get the boot open?

Oh yeah added info - full roof to floor dog gaurd between rear seats and boot, also dog gaurd on rear window.

Ideas gratefully received.

Gill
2000 discovery td5
1989 LR Defender 90

wee gaz

• Disco,s here Disco,s there
  • Name: Garry Dalziel
Re: Freelander Adventurer Boot not opening
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
have you checked the fuses . 8)

gary1968

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
I read about this problem on another forum...... cant remember where now but I will try to find it.
The upshot is that you have to get into the boot so one of the dog guards has to come down, one way or another. Then you have to remove the door card which is not easy according to the other post. You will then have access to the gubbins inside the door. The catch is operatoed by a micro switch in the handle. You will see a couple of screw inside the door take em out remove the handle and check the switch.

hth,
Gaz

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
It is a long time since I owned a Freelander but IIRC you can also get into the lock mechanism by pressing out the LR badge on the outside of the door handle. You could have a corroded contact in the lock which used to be fairly common
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
Try holding the door open button on key remote down for a long time, this sometimes resets electrical gremlins.
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!