Bathgate driving day 7th Aug

· 31 · 8759

Malc

Bathgate driving day 7th Aug
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »
The best driving day I've been to yet!!! Absolutely magic, really enjoyed meself. The RTV sections were a lot more difficult with a bit of the wet stuff, so it was completely different from yesterday. Thanks very much to the kind gent who gave me a go in their Tomcat on one of the RTV sections. It was an ab-so-lute flying machine. Might have to see about investing in one of those??
Disco 300tdi
Defender 90 V8

Dave T

Re: Bathgate driving day 7th Aug
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »
"A bit slippy", well theres an understatement!  

Actually wasn't anywhere near as bad as the forecast made out until around twoish so made for a great day out in the mud. Loads of photos here, if you want an original let me know and I'll e mail over.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/davetomlin/Off%20Roading/110807%20Bathgate%20Driving%20Day/

Rumour has it that there was a jeep on the wrong end of a tow rope today, any photos anywhere as proof?

1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

gary1968

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
Yes, a great day out, and loads of mud!
I only got my Freelander stuck once, in a bloomin great puddle, thanks to TommyB and the other dude for talking me into trying, lol, and thanks for the pull out dude... (sorry never got your name, (silver Disco with red winch bumper))
I was very impressed with the Freelanders ability, and thought it was soooo funny driving past TommyB, in his tricked up Defender, while he was stuck and the FL just kept trudging on.... hehehe.

Gaz

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »

Rumour has it that there was a jeep on the wrong end of a tow rope today, any photos anywhere as proof?

[/quote] I've been super injunctioned and couldn't possibly comment on recovering a very experienced member of the club! Fortunately a passing paparazi has pics of of said club member in the compromising position of being recovered by the jeep.
Joking apart it was a fantastic course with the rain making it a bit more challenging.  My thanks to the organisors and especially the members who set it up. :)

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
Had a great day today, and nice to catch up with a few familiar faces. :) Didnt get the ol' Green Goddess with her big ROAD tyres stuck  ;D.....couple of tricky moments though!!!.

Thanks to the organisers, marshalls and land owners.   :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

bairnr

• Name: David Russell
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »
Just like to say what a fab day we had today, best driving day yet.  Had a few scary moments, at which David just laughed at me.  Got my own back when he had to be towed out from an RTV section!  What makes it better is I have it on video too.

Hannah, in her boiler suit, had a drive of 'Ruby' in the Young Drivers area on Davids knee - she loved it.  Can see us having problems with her in the future with cars!

Dave T  - the photos are fab, love the ones of us going through the mud pool!

Big thanks to the organisers, marshalls, land owners and to everyone else for making it another fab day out.

Gill
2000 discovery td5
1989 LR Defender 90

barrym3

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »
Yes, a great day out, and loads of mud!
I only got my Freelander stuck once, in a bloomin great puddle, thanks to TommyB and the other dude for talking me into trying, lol, and thanks for the pull out dude... (sorry never got your name, (silver Disco with red winch bumper))
I was very impressed with the Freelanders ability, and thought it was soooo funny driving past TommyB, in his tricked up Defender, while he was stuck and the FL just kept trudging on.... hehehe.

Gaz
hi mate its barry least you had the balls to try it there was off road ready 4x4s and wouldnt go near it and your welcome for the tow out mate my engine is now making a weird noise not sure if the water pump or sucked water in  :'( :(

gary1968

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »
I thought it was sounding a bit 'off'. Sounded like a bearing rumbling to me, clutch thrust bearing maybe......
That puddle didn't look too deep when you and Tom went through it, I think the FL just bottomed out (no harm done as far as I can see, so far), but thanks again for the pull out....  ;D

Gaz

barrym3

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
it does sound like a bearing but not sure where am thinking water pump its a auto so when its even ticking over it still sounds rough but it was worth it i enjoyed it  ;D

gary1968

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »
is it a 300tdi? I had a 300 tdi disco that started making a 'bearing' type noise. Turned out to be the fan belt tensioner....... hope yours is an easy fix mate.

Gaz

barrym3

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 10:04:11 PM »
yes mate 300 tdi i think i will get it looked at mora good day though you going to torphichen drive day

gary1968

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »
yeah, might go to torphican, when is it? really need to get my butt in gear and join the club so can get to more events

DRH

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 10:21:40 PM »
Once again an excellent day - thanks to all who oreganised it, and the Reid family.

I had a mate there who has been looking for a 90 for a while.  His wife thought someone had one for sale there today.  Any idea who it could have been.  If not, anyone got one for sale

Duncan

barrym3

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »
yeah, might go to torphican, when is it? really need to get my butt in gear and join the club so can get to more events
hi mate its the 4th of september i also need to join the club

Sims

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
The 90 for sale belongs to George Mclay at Gemm 4x4, contact him.