Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011

· 12 · 6101

Alarmgard

Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »
The Scottish Hill Rally Club is pleased to announce the Scottish Borders Hill Rally, running on the 19/20th November 2011, entries have now opened. The Supplementary Regulations and entry form are now available for download from the clubs website http://bit.ly/jo8PZo The event has returned to Forrest Estate, St Johns Town of Dalry, this venue has seen the two previous Borders Hill Rallies and several rounds of both the Scottish Cross Country Championship, the British Cross Country Championship and numerous other motorsport events. This venue is proving itself as one of the South of Scotland's premier Motor sport venues and certainly as in the previous two Border's Hill Rallies at this venue, we anticipate a healthy interest from competitors, so if your interested in competing please get your entry in promptly to avoid disappointment.

Full details of this years event are available on the clubs website later this week http://www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk and again this year we will be running our mailing list with regular updates on all the Scottish Borders Hill Rally news. To subscribe please follow the following link http://scottish-hillrally.co.uk/mailman ... ally.co.uk

Regards,

Colin Rodger

The Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2010 Organising Team.

This communication has been sent on behalf of
SHR Club Ltd
Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC307846)
Registered Office: 52 Fort St, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD52AB.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

tgreer

Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
Hi Colin

Put me down as a radio marshal for this (LOWBOX-42). Got my own kit. Booking it in the diary now :)
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Alarmgard

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:08 AM »
We had another Borders Organising team meeting last night, we now have 31 entries for the event. This means that there are less than 20 entries left for the event, so if your planning on entering get in touch soon to avoid disapointment. If you think you have entered and your names not on the entry list then get in touch with the entries secretary to see why you not on it.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »
have to say i have had an exellent time marshalling at the borders hill rally.. an amazing event, well organised an loads of very nice helpfull people too..  ;D ;D ;D
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

boghog

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »
First experience of the Hill Rally as a marshal and was amazed at how much pre-planning and organisation is required to run such an event. It was interesting to arrive at 6am on Sunday in the dark and in the fog and not be able to just recognise places from previous visits! Good event and some impressive vehicles and driving.

Some video here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3c2GwqpII

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 04:28:52 PM »
Quote from: boghog
First experience of the Hill Rally as a marshal and was amazed at how much pre-planning and organisation is required to run such an event

Running each event is almost as much work as running a whole club.... and the Scottish Hill Rally Club would love to be able to organise two events a year!!

Pilot Custard

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
Some video here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3c2GwqpII
Post 57, I'm guessing Sunday, given some of the cars not in the video clip :)
(how sad is that.... I knew that without even having to refer to a map!!  :'( )

coolcamper55

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »
Quote from: boghog
First experience of the Hill Rally as a marshal and was amazed at how much pre-planning and organisation is required to run such an event

Running each event is almost as much work as running a whole club.... and the Scottish Hill Rally Club would love to be able to organise two events a year!!

Whats the point you are making here?
 its not clear to me and I am sure most others, care to expand?

Tommy

Pilot Custard

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 07:04:46 AM »
Whats the point you are making here?
 its not clear to me and I am sure most others, care to expand?

Tommy

I'm not particularly making any point, per sae....
Planning for that event, the "Borders", started in about June 2010, however regular meetings did not start until about February 2011 (so on-par with most other clubs, in terms of preparation). The organising team was 10 people (again, on par with most club committees), and the overall budget for that sort of event is in the region of ?15k (probably higher than SLROC or SORC, but below many rally-oriented clubs)... and and if anyone's interested - the rough figure for the "Perthshire" was in the region of ?20k.

The basic "point", if you will, is that a Hill Rally take a lot of planning, by a surprisingly large group of people - the numbers are not too dissimilar to both SLROC and SORC organising groups.

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »
When i used to compete in Historic Vehicle rallies, i paid my entry fees, preped my car, filled her up ( when fuel was 60p a litre!!), and off we went, without a care in the world to the organisation that was involved in running the event.
Looking back, (and now, as ive marshalled at comps and hill rallies i can see the work it takes), it must've been a huge undertaking especially as we usually started and finished at Summerlee Heritage Trust, (kids and rally cars...mmmm  ::) ) and some of the autotests were in public places.

Hats off to ALL who go into organising events however large/small. I can appreciate it more now.  :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

Number31

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »
Great event, so different as a Marshall/Stick Puller to competing. It is truly humbling the amount of time and effort put in by the volunteers some of whom were there from early the week before and stayed into the week after. I will certainly have a different perspective when I'm competing at next years comps!

I've not long got back to Derby and have now had a chance to edit and upload my photos.

Here is one of Brian, without whom the event could not take place.

The rest are at www.fotoring.co.uk along with some from rounds 4 and 6 of the SCCC.

Cheers.

Number31.

Sims

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
I would like to thank all the organisers, all the marshalls, all the competitors, all the sponsors and Forest Estate for a Great Weekend!

The Borders Hillrally is really the only Hillrally left and something we should try and keep alive! I have competed in a few Hillrallies over the years in Wales, The Perthshire and the Borders and I have to say this years Borders Hillrally is the best Hillrally I have competed in yet!

A Massive Well done to everyone and here's to The Borders Hillrally 2012!

Sharon Scott
Car 22