DRIVING DAY - BATHGATE

· 25 · 7956

AKM

DRIVING DAY - BATHGATE
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »
Thanks again to everyone for the effort in setting up a fantastic site - another great day and I got to drive the RTV sections all over again! Practise makes perfect as they say!  Fantastic turnout too  ;D
AKM

Dave T

Re: DRIVING DAY - BATHGATE
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »
Must agree with that, an absolutely great day out, could we just organise a less chilly wind for next year though?

Tons of photos here

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/davetomlin/Off%20Roading/110403%20Bathgate%20driving%20day/
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Alarmgard

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »
Yes great day out, we had a 114 entries today which was excellent turnout. Club spirit was truly alive and well, a few old faces and few new ones, it was great to see everyone out enjoying themselves.

Special well done to the catering team who worked hard all day, cant remember the exact figure but over ?600 was raised for the International Rescue Corp. Great Result.

No complaints back at the start about Alan's sense of direction so maybe he has a career ahead of him as a road planner ;D

Weather was good, if a little windy and we did seem to miss the showers, although at the end of the day it did threaten to hailstone.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

bairnr

• Name: David Russell
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
Fab day.  Thanks to all involved for making it a brill day.  Was great having the catering van there too.

Weather helped and we even got a shower to help clean the car on the way home.

Congrats for raising as much money for International Rescue too.
2000 discovery td5
1989 LR Defender 90

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »
Ace day, great site.
Cheers to everyone for setting up the course, the extra Tyro sections and leving out the RTV.
Given up cleaning car :D

Who won the cake?
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

pepsimax

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:13:14 PM »
I would just like to echo the kind remarks above, great day, my Grandson Thomas had a brilliant time on the young persons driving area which this year was a wee bit more adventurious.
 Ruari : the owner of the winning ticket for the cake never came forward, so it was auctioned and raised the impressive sum of forty pounds for International Rescue,  very generous   :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:15:00 PM by pepsimax »
The only difference between men and boys, is of course the price of their toys !

bobby

• www.gemm4x4.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »
Hi
 I would like to thank all that helped in the set up and strip down of the driving day today. Big thanks to the set up team that had the bad weather when setting up on Friday. Big thanks go to the food team club shop and the people that helped sell the raffle tickets. Thanks colin for doing all the paper work today. Glad the weather was nice today we have had all sorts this weekend from high winds during the night,heavy rain and just to top it of it started trying to drop hail stones on us just as all the stuff was away seams the snow would have just topped of the weather we had.
The cake Was won by Mrs Scott and she asked for it to be put up for auction

See us all at the next one
Bobby Muir
SLROC chairman
We drive the landrovers, we brake the landrovers, I fix the landrovers. GEMM 4X4 LTD workshop@gemm4x4.co.uk,, slrocchairman at gmail.com

Dwell Angle

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
Thanks very much for a brilliant course and to everyone who helped set it up. Sam (11) had his first ever drive in the Landie on the Junior course. He has had a big grin on his face ever since!!!
Thanks to Les for also making his day and letting him sit in the 101!! ;D

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »
Cracking days offroading, the whole family really enjoyed themselves. Thanks to everyone involved, club and visitors alike.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Tommy B

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
Great driving day today - thanks to all involved (and special thanks to Peter for towing me out of a muddy puddle!!)

My son, Craig (14) had a shot at driving, we're now both looking forward to the next Tyro......

Never Apologise - Never Explain                     (Sorry, I should say I read that in a book somewhere!!)

Sims

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »
On behalf of Shirley(my Mum), Jan and Janet they have asked me to thank everyone who kindly donated homebaking and helped them throughout the day from helping set the Catering trailer up to helping packing it away.  Thank You to Graeme Pitcaithly for the use of his camping Stove and Johnny Drysdale for the loan of his BBQ. And a BIG THANK you to Brian Reid and Douglas Thomson for getting a Big Cattle float to use as it was too Windy to put up Marquee.

I would like to thank everyone for donating raffle prizes and for buying Raffle tickets. Thank you To lara and Morgan Pitcaithly for looking after and selling the raffle tickets. Thank You to Gillian Russel for making the SLROC Landrover cake.  Between the Catering and Raffle we raised ?624.27 for International Rescue.

Again Thank You to all it was much appreciated.

Sharon Scott

TONY R

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Great day once again this year, had a really good day as did my friend Kris who was driving the Kia Sportage, hey the wee car done impressivly well for a Kia (haha sorry Kris).  My son Brandon had his 1st drive around the kids course himself and hasnt stopped talking about it, in fact he's still at it an he's sleeping :o Anyway thanks every1 for making the day eventful and well done for the money raised

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 08:20:08 AM »
Excellent day as always. Thanks to the organisors.
YouTube footage here but I suggest watching it with the sound down due to the wind noise!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fiTaNJwotU

101splat

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »
had fantastic time at weekend pitty about weather on sat nite got bit windy in the tent on the top of the hill but the day on sunday was braw driving the course in the 101 forword control was great big pat on the back to bobby and crew for setting up looking forword to future events this year
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5

piggy501

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »