Nothing working on drivers door P38

· 7 · 1511

ghostrider

Nothing working on drivers door P38
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
Any suggestions ??????

Everything was working this morning but after getting into it this afternoon there is no electrics working on the drivers door. No window no mirror no central locking and the display is saying window not set. when you press lock on the fob all doors lock except drivers door and when you try using the key to lock its only the drivers door that is locking and the alarm is going off every 10 mins.

Cheers Dave

geoffg

Re: Nothing working on drivers door P38
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »
According to the book, they all have a common earth point which is behind the r/h trim panel in the boot, where the remote central locking aerial plugs into the radio aerial.
Perhaps you have an earth wire broken at the door.
Geoff :)

geoffg

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »
Dave, Tried to send you the w/s manual but too big to fit in email.
Geoff

sj72blair

• Name: Steven Blair
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »
Sounds like either the main feed or main negative wire has broken going through the rubber gaitor between the door and a post. The wire is constantly bending when you open and shut the door, eventually breaking.

cheers,
          Stevie.

ghostrider

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I have checked the earth coming through the door and thats ok. Does anyone know the colour for the main feed ?
Or even better if anyone has a wiring diagram.

sj72blair

• Name: Steven Blair
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
main (battery) feeds are either brown or brown with a coloured tracer, probably better to pop the door trim off and you can follow the wiring through and will give you access for testing.

cheers,
          Stevie.

ghostrider

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »
Thats it all working again for now  :) :)

After checking numerous wires i disconnected the battery so that i had to enter the EKA code. Once the code was entered evrything started working as normal.
Thought i would just say so that if anyone else has this problem it might point them in the right direction.

Thanks again folks