« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
will the pajero run on veg oil.
Is it direct or indirect injection

cheers

Geoff

v8kenny

Re: Wanted 110 Tdi or Discovery Tdi or P38 Diesel
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »

and you'll not want a P38 after you get the first repair bill.

Really ? - you know for a fact that this motor is going to require a large repair bill ?, or are you just another person to jump on the "don't buy a P38 they are crap" bandwagon ?
I have had my P38 for nearly 6 years and in the 5 MOT's I have put it through it has passed every time with no advisories
I maintain it myself, spares are now very common, and cheap as chips, as are service consumables, they don't rust like Disco's and defenders and are fantastic towing machines, but hey, what do I know ?
This particular Rangie has been owned locally to me by the same person for about 10 years with the only issue being EAS issues, now solved by having coil springs fitted
The guy that wants to buy has a budget of ?2 - ?3k, don't you think ANY motor he buys in that price range has the potential to be problematic ?, so why pick on the Rangie ?
Never mind, it will sell no bother, thanks for your kind words  >:(

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 11:51:34 AM »
and you'll not want a P38 after you get the first repair bill.

Really ? - you know for a fact that this motor is going to require a large repair bill ?, or are you just another person to jump on the "don't buy a P38 they are crap" bandwagon ?
Never mind, it will sell no bother, thanks for your kind words  >:(

Anytime Kenny. Tell you what, pop down to the garage and settle the latest bill for our P38, why don'tcha ?  Despite going onto Ebay for some of the parts I have a nasty suspicion that the bill will still be in 4 figures.
Great car, I really enjoy driving it but cheap to run - I think not. 
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Ian A

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »
Now - Now guy's there's a time and a place for all this and it's not on my post.

I know all the pro's and con's of the P38's - I had one for a good few years, did 70,000 + miles in it and had a great time with it. Changed the air suspension bags not long after I got it (they hadn't burst, just looked a little perished), stuck some tyres on it, had to have the gearbox cooling sensor replaced and suffered from a burst brake pipe - not bad at all I think. Mine was a 4l running on LPG....... a lot of LPG

I've heard of the horror stories when things do go wrong, auto boxes just stopping, air suspension, heater problems, etc, etc - all these can be fixed and if a garage does it it will cost

The biggest problem I see is diagnosing the electrical faults (I should of got something to do this with but never got around to doing it) and having some way of telling the tiny brain on a P38 to stop mucking around and get me home - there should be a button that says "please push to ignore all faults" Ha Ha Ha.

Now...... I hope that your both a little more relaxed now and you both know that when you drive your P38 you'll think it's the best thing out there.

Trust me it take a lot to beat a P38 when it's going right.

V8kenney ? please send on pictures and details as per my PM, I am still interested

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 06:13:13 PM »
Now - Now guy's there's a time and a place for all this and it's not on my post.

:-[

Sorry Ian !   

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

v8kenny

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »
Email sent Ian

Gene, you have obviously had a bad one, but they are not neccessarily all bad you know
best of luck with getting it sorted