Event Calendar

· 20 · 4312

coolcamper55

Event Calendar
« on: December 03, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »
Maybe its my PC but I have difficulty in seeing the complete item, it stops at September and only goes down to the 23rd of each month.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:48:55 PM by coolcamper55 »

Sandy

Re: Event Calandar
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:45:43 AM »
Maybe you're not meant to plan so far ahead!

I'll look at this - it needs reduced in size or have scroll bars. Blame Alan - I always do and it makes me feel better.

Kind regards,

Sandy.

coolcamper55

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »
Thank You, Kind Sir :)

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
Are you planning to get down and dirty in 2011 or just to dazzle people on the GRR with your shiney?  8)

coolcamper55

Re: Event Calendar
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »
Slowly slowly catcha monkey ;) ;)

Just changed the tyres, need a bit of underneath protection then its gloves off :D :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:48:29 PM by coolcamper55 »

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 04:03:43 PM »
I have difficulty in seeing the complete item, it stops at September

I can only get to 31st December, so you are not missing many.

No sign of the 2011 calendar that I can see, despite the harsh comments in an earlier thread.  Even a plain text list of dates would be adequate, so no need for a fancy graphic calendar in which most of the boxes are empty anyway. Like most people, I'll only use it put the dates into my own diary.
Navigator          GM1VBE

Dave T

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
Hello, McFly  ??? ???
Look on the front page, there is a link to a pdf  ;D ;D ;D ;D
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 08:28:09 PM »
The 2011 Planner has been reworked and should now show the complete year.

Please advise me if this does not work - remember to clear your cache or you may pull up the last one.

Kind regards,

Sandy.

coolcamper55

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »
Tickety boo, works a treat, many thanks

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
Finding that link makes the first post in the thread more understandable.  Well spotted, I would never have seen it as I go straight to the forum.

I hope there are a lot of GRRs and Driving Days at the end of the months!
Navigator          GM1VBE

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 09:16:58 PM »
"Just changed the tyres, need a bit of underneath protection then its gloves off"

My question Tommy "what is above that needs protected from below" are you keeping something from us ;) ;) ;) ;)

And I am sure that I saw you with the GLOVES ON at the last grr. Does the XS not have a heated steering wheel ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »
If people want, I can give you a quick run-down on how the calendar gets decided (there's a bit more that "just copy last years dates across)

coolcamper55

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
An explanation would be good, it lets the membership understand the challenges involved in getting it all to dovetail together.
I suppose this would have formed part of the discussions at the last meeting in November so the minutes will have the discussions included.

Thanks Ian

Tommy

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »
I take it after the discussions from the MudMaster that as it is in the calender it should be going ahead. An event allready pencilled into the works diary.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »
An explanation would be good, it lets the membership understand the challenges involved in getting it all to dovetail together.

OK - it goes something like this:
1) Assume all dates & venues remain the same as last year.
2) Check that none of the comps clash with forest rallies, tarmac rallies, or big events elsewhere as we share a lot of the marshals & officials, and we can't run a comp without those people.
3) Make sure that the CCVs have one, preferable two, weekends between them and any comps, as people that use the same motor for both (the "SLROC Championship" is the points from Comps & CCVs combined)... and it takes time to fettle a car after a comp :)
4) Have the discussion about separating Tyros & CCVs or not (again)
5) Fit the RTVs, driving days, Mudmaster, and Green Road Runs into what's left. July is generally kept free as that's when most people are away on holiday
6) Shoogle the whole thing to align with, or avoid, specific days (... such as a car-show at Knockhill)

Dates clashes
The rallies (and anyone else using Forestry Commission land) need to book their dates in June the year before. Those dates are then reviewed by the MSA & the Forestry Liaison Officers, then discussed at the Regional Association meeting about November time.... so SLROC won't know what rallies are on what dates until that SACC meeting.
SACC does not have a "Dates discussion" meeting, so it is up to the organisers of the various events that need Rescue/Recovery/Doctors/Lots-of-marshals to talk to each other to ensure their are no clashes.
I knew the dates the 2011 Scottish Comps & both Hill Rallies would [hopefully] be, back in June - but I could not confirm them until November - and the Intercontinental Rally Challenge [IRC] has pushed the October comp back a week..... but we had left a space in the calendar to cope with that.
(and I've got to phone someone today about what sound horribly like a dates clash with the Perthshire Hill Rally for 2011 :( )