Bathgate Comp - Thankyou for your Support.

· 3 · 2925

Alarmgard

Bathgate Comp - Thankyou for your Support.
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
Well the Bathgate Comp has come and gone for another year. We had what I thought was a very good course and the format of the laps this year also leant itself to the running of a good event (certainly the people I spoke to were happy)

Obviously the weather genie was put on additional training after Friday's and Saturday's efforts but certainly today proved that training is everything and with practice good weather is possible.

The marshals, well a big thanks to all you who attended and helped to run the event your efforts were really appreciated. Thanks must also go to all the people who helped with setup and takedown, without your efforts events don?t run.

The competitors, well again we must thank you for coming, the course seemed to suit many of you and certainly the lap format seemed to ensure that we didn't have too many times without anything on the course and for sure getting off the course for everyone involved in the event, in the early hours was a good thing.

The service crews this weekend were kept busy due to all the thrills and spills, with many vehicles needing a lot of work! Some in service and some overnight. Some of the crews were trying to remodel their cars by using the scenery to reshape the body work, think its easier to do it in the workshop................but that?s just what I think ;D

One important note for every one, Peter Stewart is getting himself set to abseil off the Forth Rail Bridge in aid of the RNLI, many of you will know Peter and know that he is a very active member of the club/ Championship. He turns out in all weathers and helps at events. Please get behind him and support this worthwhile cause.

Finally, thank you to the Reid Family for letting us come and play on what is certainly one of the best sites that we have in Scotland for Cross Country Motorsport.

Thanks again everyone, hope to see you all at the next round.

Regards, Colin.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:53:41 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Team Wasp

Re: Bathgate Comp - Thankyou for your Support.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
Many thanks to all the organisers, marshals, medical and recovery crews, timekeepers and everyone who made the event another good one to remember in 2010.  We fair enjoyed it.

Good to see the regulars are joined by some new faces from south of the border who seem impressed by the length and quality of the SCCC courses and organisation.

Thanks to Colin for being on the wrong end of his towrope on day 2 lap 1.  I was so fed up with listening to my navigator that I thought I could tip him out of the car going round a right turn/ side slope in front of where Peter was posted, however I forgot to release his harness in time....Contrary to Colins belief it is much easier to alter bodywork at a race than in the workshop.  It certainly is much quicker with less thinking involved.  As long as you remember the gaffer tape.

Thanks also to Peter for the loan of his home made yellow flag!

Great weekend. Well done!

sainter4x4

Re: Bathgate Comp - Thankyou for your Support.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:48:35 PM »
Hi there i must say a big thank you to all the organizers, marshal and timing crews and to everyone that kindly helped me to get my car running again after the oil pump issue i thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and i can assure you i will be racing again some time soon, what a weekend.

has any one got any more photos or vids