perkins prima td with dudleigh conversion kit

· 10 · 2505

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay
perkins prima td with dudleigh conversion kit
« on: June 13, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
hi all

havin a major clear out . I have a perkins prima turbo diesel with dudleigh conversion kit including engine mounts for a series land rover, engine does not come with starter motor as I fitted it to mine when it packed up .  I have this engine fitted to my swb 2a and it averages mid 30's to the gallon no problem . I have had it for a couple of years now and don't plan to use it anytime soon , so if you are interested give me a call on 07754755583. looking for £300 for it as the conversion kit costs about this much.

CHEERS SHUG...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:41:21 AM by shug »

Alan Mc

Re: perkins prima td with dudleigh conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
You should check out Gumtree Fife/Edinburgh - there's a guy there looking for an engine for his Series...  Alan.

cenemc

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
The guy on Gumtree is Lurch032003 on here, think he might be sorted.

shug

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »

thanks for that .
aye john is sorted with a new engine , he was wanting to keep it standard anyway.

lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 11:23:46 PM »
Hi guys yep I'm sorted thanks , but if I wasn't I would if been on the blower to you Shug .
One u got is working great but thanks for thinking if me .

shug

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 10:46:47 AM »

sorry john havin a bit of a mad clear out. If it's not moving sell it or scrap it, if it is moving catch it sell it or scrap it  ;D  . spur of the moment decision  on the engine . there a great wee engines for a series . hope to see you soon at an event soon.

shug...

DRH

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »
It's an excellent conversion for a series.  I did it on my first one and I would say that with the pump tweaked it was way more responsive and economical than the 200tdi.

My problem was that I cooked it and the replacement engine wasn't that great to begin with.   The biggest problem I had was trying to track down a Sherpa Starter motor - they're like hens teeth second hand.

It's still a good conversion for someone though especially if all the kit is there.

Duncan

shug

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »

you can pick up a new starter motor from ebay for £79. I might have tracked one down anyway, I will find out later this week. if I get a starter I will try and get a tune out of it before I sell it , I will keep post updated.

shug...

DRH

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »
I maybe had bother sourcing stuff at the time because I was being miserable and didn't use a conversion kit.  We were using the turbo engine out the Montego's but using the Sherpa backplate and starter.  We cut down the depth of the series Diesel spacer plates between the engine and gearbox with a specially machined spigot bush.  They only fitted that engine in the Sherpa in non turbo form and only then for a couple of years.

Still an excellent conversion.  If I had one, I'd keep it and stick it into something.

shug

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »

they are fantastic wee engines and I don't want this one lying about too long . I have one already fitted to my 2a, this one I am selling and two more for spare . I also have a full 200 tdi conversion for my next project so wont be using the prima anytime soon.