another parking fine from parking eye

· 5 · 1701

101splat

another parking fine from parking eye
« on: November 11, 2013, 08:17:14 PM »
i seam to attract them  :) i was down in england few weeks ago picking up parts and visting freinds and haveing time out from work, i was traveling up from silverstone late eveing and was held up for 2hrs in roadworks at birmingham so was tired to say least so got up m6 to chorley services and pulled in for a wee sleep it was 12.02 am and i left at 6am ok it was a big sleep 10 days later i get a pently charge notice for £100 the notice show 2 balck fotos of my car it was that dark u can only see the number plates and not even shape of car i have comfirmied im the regersterd keeper and wont say who was driveing at time there now saying im legaly obliged to tel them if not im responceble for fine if i chalange this do i have chance of not paying the fine i will never use motorway services again and always use other rest arears from now on would like some advice if there any
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5

ZebraDriver

Re: another parking fine from parking eye
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
There is a good chance its not enforcable - its not a fine issued by a court.  Check out PEPIPOO.COM

ZD

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »
note to you and of interest to others no doubt  ::)

these types of letters should be ignored and are not enforceable  :o

for proper details please look at the martin lewis 'moneysavingexpert' website

sorry you got it - but you can still fight it  ;)
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 12:07:26 AM »
Confirming its unenforceable. I'd have just ignored it.  As a general issue I'd suggest that the Dept of Tpt should be ashamed of themselves - do they actually want tired drivers on the Motorways ?  The French have some great "Aires" with no retail stuff at all - just open areas with benches for picnics and a place for a kip.

Our motorway services are a disgrace compared to most across the Channel, even deep into Eastern Europe ...
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
I take great delight in your actions against these motorway service stations as I for one got fined for breaking down in one on way home in my motorhome and despite a massive AA recovery truck, vans x 2 about me all trying to get me going they fined me for being three hrs over, phoned and challenge then asking if they have cameras then why could they not see I could not move and had AA to fix me, they demanded I send them copy of the breakdown paper recipt from the AA and it would be discarded .
   As for if its inforceable or not then which do you wish to have a lengthily battle of letters and debt agency try to collect and your black listed wheather your right or wrong , unless you phone and challenge them with a plausible reason and proof that they are unable to inforce such a ticket without your acceptance of who was driver they can't inforce it on you unless they can prove your the only driver owner of vehicle.
Hope I made sense , confront , confuse and don't pay .