TD5 90 suspension

· 2 · 1084

Kev Ush

• Name: Kevin
TD5 90 suspension
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:49:58 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum so I'll apologise if this has been covered a million times before. I did try searching but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

I've got a 2004 defender 90 td5 truck cab which I've had for a couple of years now. It's just hit 76000miles and the suspension is starting to let the side down now...literally...it's starting to sag a wee bit on one side. My landy is an ex farm vehicle so the suspension probably has had a hard time before I got it so my plan is to replace the shocks and spring at the same time. I've been trawling through the Internet trying to find a decent suspension kit but the more I look the more unsure I am.

I am more than happy with the standard ride height and I don't think I need heavy duty or even medium duty springs. I definitely don't want a lift. So my plan is to go for standard landy oem springs again.

Shocks...this is what I'm unsure about. I'm sure just replacing with standard oem shocks will be a huge improvement but I was thinking about spending a bit more buying a set of uprated shocks for it. (Bilstein or ome) but I don't know what will work well with standard springs. I'm not after a sporty ride and I don't want a boaty ride. All I'm after is a good quality ride...if you know what I mean. What would be the best route to take?

The landy isn't used for any heavy offloading, maybe the odd forestry track every now and again. The only time it really sees any action is in the winter if its snowing. The rest of the time it's on the road.

Another thing I noticed while I was changing the rear diff seal is that I don't have anti roll bars. This is my first landy and the only one I've ever driven. Would it be worth fitting some??

Cheers,

Kev.

Alan Mc

Re: TD5 90 suspension
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »
Hi Kev.

I'd recommend putting a call into MM4x4 (ask for Chris).  I've bought a few things off them, including suspension.  Talked a lot of sense and I ended up with exactly what I was looking for. 

Regardless, let us know how you get on. 

Alan.