lurch032003

Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
well manged to get new sump seal and sump on and some of the pipes etc back on just as the hevens have opened up wont get her finnished till tomorrow now oh well timming and last of pipes tomorrow and fill her up oil/water and anti frezze and fingers crossed she fires up and runs. couldnt get more than that done as didnt get home till 1 ish after pre-op

lurch032003

« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
 :D :D :D She lives and runs and all leaks sorted that's my landrover if you hadn't guessed lol away for test drive to mates see how she handles laters  8)
John

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
Well done, that'll be a load off  :)
Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

lurch032003

« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »
Ty mate feels good as weather had begun to change had first snow fall this morning very light so looks like she will be needed and I like driving her.  ;)

Greigboy

« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2013, 08:45:06 AM »
Fitted a new wing skin and inner wing and straightened the headlamp panel after a truck walloped it a few weeks ago.

I got an unwelcome surprise though when the wing was off to find part of the A post totally gone, had I known I would have bought a new section, however the rot was confined to the inside edge and time was against me for getting one posted up during the holidays so I cut the rot out, fabricated a piece and welded it in.

Its now all ground down, seam sealed and schutzed, so not as straight forward a job as I had hoped and despite several soakings of WD40 just about every bold either sheared or had to be cut off as its the first time in 26 years they have been off :)

PS Sorry for the photobucket pics the site only allows tiny sized image files which is impractical if not using a pc
1986 Land Rover 90 CSW V8

Alan Mc

« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2013, 06:47:34 PM »
Picked up the motor (D1) from Starthearn following it's Waxoyl treatment (pleased with it, BTW).  Then, as kids slept in back of car managed to change oil/filter.  All good.  Job tomorrow (time allowing) is change out axle oils and replace glow plugs.

Happy new year to all when it comes, Alan.

Riz

« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
well since ive had my defender 90 for seven years sitting in the garage its finally on the home straight to being finished.new seats fitted and the back has been insulated,carpet,seats and sound system.central locking today once the wood burner warms up the garage. :)

lurch032003

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2014, 04:58:52 AM »
I have done nothing on him since lady year been in hospital where my leg bypass operation failed unfortunately which has left me where I was before I went in anyways till I recover from this op I'm grounded as not allowed to drive till I can managed a emergency stop and the scars have healed up as there still weeping a bit and by god I have a scar from just above the ankle right up to the groin which is all I got anyways hopping to get him fixed soon with help of new engine head I hope to get soon so keep watching and posting what your up to
Cheers
John

dalbuie

« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
Good luck John  :)

Greigboy

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »
Done the back passenger bearing as the bearing seal was leaking and the hub was mingling inside, following a good tip I checked the axle breather and the banjo fitting and bolt were blocked solid with crud, so cleaned that out, changed the diff oil and jobs a good in.

I also had a look at the o/s front chassis "dumb iron" section which is pretty badly corroded, I remember doing one a few years ago and the replacement section being about £25, their now about £100 :( so I might just fab a piece up.
1986 Land Rover 90 CSW V8

dalbuie

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »
Now that 'Little Red' is finished - and being used most days - I've tried to push on with the LWB SW.

Welded and loosely fitted the new sills, B post repair sections, C post repair sections, chassis brackets and now fabricating a couple of brackets (and removing others) as the new chassis (fully repaired and painted with Bilt Hamber Electrox) is from a LWB VAN and there are some differences from the SW.

Need to order YRM second row floor, rear floor and some other bits so may need to sell the SWB to fund this one  ;)

lurch032003

« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
Well got to go look at a engine tonight fingers crossed its one I can use bar that been bed bound and suppose to remain in it still but getting a very bad Itch of wanting to do stuff but wounds on leg won't heal if I do , I really don't like being stuck doing nothing , bar that ordered up bits and bobs so got a collection of parts awaiting fitting as my restore gets moving again plus have parts for current one to be fitted also , my motorhome should look a lovely white colour but more soot coloured now dam neighbours burning smoky fuel at night by the looks if I catch them they had it sick having to wash cars everyday cause of it. Worse now since I can't get out to do them.

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
Well i removed my useless middle seat and installed a center metal cubby box, so there is now storage in arms reach and loads of it to....

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »
I found a loose worn rocker arm and thus a broken injector  :'(

Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »
Cursed the leaking sunroof on the 90. Thought I'd fixed it by gluing it shut with sikaflex. Obviously not :-(
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....