piper5

Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
Thanks. I didn't paint it this colour, in case you were wondering, it was a recovery vehicle across in Fife for most of it's life (Chas Davidson, Buckhaven)

I'll be keeping an eye out for green lane runs in the new year - and may even get the steering a bit more 'accurate' by then as well :-)

hi dalbuie i know that landrover very well , it was never used for recovery work, chick bought it around 15 years ago after getting his transit stuck on leven beach launching a speedboat, around ten years ago it had a lot of work done , if memory serves me right the engine was partially rebuilt or replaced, it had clutch etc then as well. it was used mostly to tow a speedboat between his house in leven, the garage at buckhaven and leven beach. latterly it was replaced by a forklift and newer 4x4 when he took on the bigger mastercraft as a business.
it was generally well looked after and never went in the sea. the big heater came from a leyland leopard, alexander bodied bus, it sat in the cubby box space and blew straight at the window, this was for getting in after water skiing. it was the heater from under the passenger seats that blew out at your feet in the bus
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:10:53 PM by piper5 »

StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
Engine is finally back in and running after a full rebuild! ;D ;D

Well done Graeme, maybe see you soon.......Boxing Day Bash???
2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

Flying scotsman

• Name: Graeme kirkwood
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
cheers Stephen, hopefully make the boxing day bash,  ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Buffalo Bill

• Name: Bill Conner
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »
Greame looks great top job cant believe that old engine looks that good.
1989 110
1990 90
1988 90
1972 V8 WOOP WOOP

Flying scotsman

• Name: Graeme kirkwood
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »
Cheers Bill,

It's looking good and sounds pretty healthy.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

lurch032003

« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
Well I got my sump off and was plesently surprised to see a clean filter and sump clean no deposits so looking good so far , fitted new oil filter just have to wait on new sump seals arriving before I can fill her up and see if what I have done has fixed her so fingers crossed .
Later

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »
Thanks Piper,

I saw the Accident Repair Service on the side, the rescue lights on the top and the tow bolts front and rear so made 2 and 2 add up to 5  :) I have the pics below from the history pack so you may recognise the faces. It's in overall pretty good condition for 50 but if I keep it I might change the rear springs to parabolic as it's a hard ride, far worse that my 1941 Chevy Pickup.

John, Good luck with the engine, fingers crossed!

Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

lurch032003

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »
Ty for the luck think I will need it grrr have a funny feeling my head has gone but have one on restore project same engine I can use if need be grr again lol
I like the colour of yours as its the colour swmbo wants hers as its faded that colour see pic of how she was when we got her day andy Murray won Wimbledon
Cheers
John

[attachment deleted by admin]

lurch032003

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2013, 07:49:22 PM »
Oh the roll bar won't be going back on as cant use it as she wants seats in back and it runs along each seat area so will get it cleaned up and offer it for sale here as sitting next to garage at mo waiting its turn lol

dalbuie

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2013, 09:59:17 PM »
The colour is the exact same as BMW bright red. Had a can lying around and decided to use it to touch up a few bits and it was such a good match I bought some cans of it and did the sides where the previous stickers were  ;)

Like the pickup...

piper5

« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
Thanks Piper,

I saw the Accident Repair Service on the side, the rescue lights on the top and the tow bolts front and rear so made 2 and 2 add up to 5  :) I have the pics below from the history pack so you may recognise the faces. It's in overall pretty good condition for 50 but if I keep it I might change the rear springs to parabolic as it's a hard ride, far worse that my 1941 Chevy Pickup.

John, Good luck with the engine, fingers crossed!

thats chick in the red vest , not sure who the other guy is, that picture is on leven beach at the carpark next to the putting green.  also meant to say it lived most of its life in the spray booth in the warm tucked in the corner

Greigboy

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »
Done the tub cappings on both sides of the 90 today, not as bad a job as I thought it was going to be :)
1986 Land Rover 90 CSW V8

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2013, 07:37:05 PM »
MOT, TAX, brakes fixed so decided to give it a touch up, T CUT and polish while awaiting the temp sender. Have asked for membership of SLROC for christmas so may be at some drives in the new year  :)

Well, we certainly wont miss it on any runs. 8)

dalbuie

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2013, 07:43:24 PM »
 ;D

lurch032003

« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  :wink I have stripped the head off to find a blown head gasket between cylinder 3 and 4 phew nothing else damaged marked or scored and push rods, valves are A1 condition I consider myself very very lucky anyways letting feet warm up then out to do clean up and reasseble her
To all advice and help and post I have read about possible probs I thankyou all.
John