lurch032003

Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »

Well past few days had a metal rattle since the GGR day and done about 300 miles since and just couldn't see what it is as couldn't bend down far to see , future brother in law gets down at rear to find U lots gone and only one holding drivers rear spring on   anyways he's away to get two lock nuts for me and get it fixed for trip home as in west barns and goto got to Edinburgh later oh well the joys

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
Drove Cybill into Perth, landed up in the pub, and then giggled as my wife shit herself driving Cybill home....

freelander03

• Name: Michael Bennett
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
Replaced crankcase breather filter and then gave her a good clean and washed off all the salt from the roads.

lurch032003

« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2013, 09:09:16 PM »

Well past few days had a metal rattle since the GGR day and done about 300 miles since and just couldn't see what it is as couldn't bend down far to see , future brother in law gets down at rear to find U lots gone and only one holding drivers rear spring on   anyways he's away to get two lock nuts for me and get it fixed for trip home as in west barns and goto got to Edinburgh later oh well the joys

Picked up replacement U bolts from dave in queensferry and had a good natter just love sharing landy moments just makes my day to meet someone with like minded enthusiasm fir landys and history of them feel full of knowlege now a need a sleep to devour it all and simulate it into the brain cells so laters

lurch032003

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
Hi all for two days she sat unused :-( but started her tidy and have drive from Edinburgh to - Glenrothes - Auchtermucty and then return to Edinburgh and so far touch wood and fingers crossed not a problem and happy cruising at 55-58 mph anyways have ordered up a oil flush just oil to get next planning getting big 25-50lt barrel as have S2 and motorhome needing done also and cheaper by looks of it to buy bulk.

Laters john

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »
Bad planning means both mine run out of MOT about the same time. Got the 90 back tonight, dropped off the Lwt.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »
 >:(  >:( Got mine ready to go to tomorrow's TYRO ..... then got a call I have to work tomorrow pulled out on compulsory overtime !! 
               not a very chuffed Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!

lurch032003

« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2013, 09:04:12 PM »
Well after some time off to rest up I'm heading back into the garage tomorrow to start doing the S2 again with more of a urgency than ever before as I got my letter for operation to happen on the 26th dec so will be going back to work soon after fingers crossed which will mean less time available to complete her as want her done in time for summer 2014 and my S3 fixed along with the Saab fixed Nissan sold and motorhome serviced so no rush lmao ahhhhhh

Alan Mc

« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2013, 09:12:09 PM »
Sold mine and bought a '96 Camel Trophy Discovery......  Alan.

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2013, 09:23:52 PM »
I went to change the serpentine belt on mine today after it came off on Saturday night - joy of joys I found out the bearing in the water pump had gone.
Internet auction site - new one order - roll on Tuesday/Wednesday when it arrives and I can stand out in the dark and probably rain and I can fit it and the new belt

I knew there was a reason for loving a landrover !
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

lurch032003

« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
welded up passemger footwell , well best i can just needs tied up but can safely say its done lol, run a new lenght of multi core cable through chassis for rear lights as old lengh in it had a patch up and it looks bad but now all done and ckecked and its all working great ready to wire up tow adaptor and tub lights when ready will name and shame each wire tomorrow one more job ticked of the sheet to be done.

lurch032003

« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:07 PM »
Well if I had any doubts if my brakes work right or not I was put to test today by a stupid impatient truck driver then a blinking old women . Driving along 30 or less and slowing due to emergency truck attending broke down bus opposite side to me and five yards off to pass truck driver decided a to pull out toward me!!! Slam emergency stop , landy halts nicely and seatbelt locks and bag goes flying forward and he still keeps coming at me , into reverse so he can get pass and me to mouth some choice words at him and get a sorry I begin to move off and three women lead by a old bitty come at me wtf is going on I don't need my brakes tested like this so more choice words to her and each other women grrrr what is the fecking  rush it won't get you there any quicker and as fir the drivers who overtake only to be stuck in front of you really does it matter that much what did you achive his I hate Xmas and the stupid drivers who just want to pass you cause your not quick to get to same speed as others god sakes its a forty year old landrover I'm driving not a porsh lol bloody idiots  anyway rant over relax breath count to ten watch out for next idiot .

Here's a link to the latest fail pass test procedures for testers of brakes I think that three test I had this year and passed pmsl

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/2013/12/03/how-to-carry-out-a-brake-performance-test-2/

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
I went to change the serpentine belt on mine today after it came off on Saturday night - joy of joys I found out the bearing in the water pump had gone.
Internet auction site - new one order - roll on Tuesday/Wednesday when it arrives and I can stand out in the dark and probably rain and I can fit it and the new belt

I knew there was a reason for loving a landrover !

Finally - managed to change water pump and belt this morning - no squeaks - no leaks, another job done.
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2013, 10:33:43 PM »
I need to fit a new water pump, how long did it take you?
2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
I need to fit a new water pump, how long did it take you?

With or without tea breaks and ciggy breaks and how the heck am I suppose to undo that bolt ???

All done and running in about an hour and a quarter.

If you are in the area giv me a shout if you need a hand !
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.