lurch032003

Re: What did you do with you landy today
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:08 AM »
Nothing much past couple of days bar pick up a brake pedal switch form south queensferry and today drove to manxcat to get 8 spoke wheels chrome which needs repaired so that's it .

lurch032003

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
Sitting warm indoors hating the bloody rain stopping me finishing putting winch plate on landy and cursing having a big garage but full and other project in but at a stand still as parts havnt arrived yet so I'm bored !!!!
And no this isn't the perfect time to tidy up I'm too peed off  :(

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »
Looked at it while putting a new blade on the log-saw.

MOTs up on the 21st so I better sort a couple of niggles tomorrow - washer pipe is blocked, wiring to one rear light is playing up and one rear shocker needs the bottom bushes renewed, so I'll do both sides.

( Dunno what brand of bush the PO used but they were rubbish. I doubt its done 3k miles since the shockers were replaced. )
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
Looked at it while putting a new blade on the log-saw.

MOTs up on the 21st so I better sort a couple of niggles tomorrow - washer pipe is blocked, wiring to one rear light is playing up and one rear shocker needs the bottom bushes renewed, so I'll do both sides.

( Dunno what brand of bush the PO used but they were rubbish. I doubt its done 3k miles since the shockers were replaced. )

I got a few bushes from britpart not needed as new shocks have come with bushes fitted so if you need a couple give me a pm of address and will post up what you need bar that did go out to garage and did some more welding till rain stopped then back to fitting winch plate and winch but took trip to baq for two long bolts and have the winch fitted bar wiring and secondary to fit getting there :-)

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
Thanks for the offer John, I've got new bushes already tho.

Cheers.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
well near finnshed welding up outrigger at the bulk head and cut new parts for top hinge plate to be welded in and have obtained some more parts all waiting to be fitted or replaced on the s2a which is getting there bit by bit

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:50:09 PM by lurch032003 »

lurch032003

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »
Fitted rad muff to the S3 and stared driving her in and out of Edinburgh and today is the first time I have seen so many landys on the road it must be that time of year again lol or is it we know the weather is going to be bad!!!

lurch032003

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
well fitted new switches and a amp digital volt meter and went for a fill up bar that nothing bar getting ready for sunday may take a wee run out to where it is just to make sure i can get there a road seemily at briech at lights is closed/roadworks so will check it out.

cheers
all laters

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
well fitted new switches and a amp digital volt meter and went for a fill up bar that nothing bar getting ready for sunday may take a wee run out to where it is just to make sure i can get there a road seemily at briech at lights is closed/roadworks so will check it out.

cheers
all laters
       John I am pretty sure it's only traffic lights to the Whitburn site as they have 4way temporary lights up ..  Cheers Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!

lurch032003

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »

cheers
all laters
       John I am pretty sure it's only traffic lights to the Whitburn site as they have 4way temporary lights up ..  Cheers Duncan
Hi Duncan
Just scooted along the 704 and its all clear so yes it's where you said the lights and road to west Calder / addiewell and to Blackburn all clear and landy running great now so at mates for a coffee in Liviy then home
Laters

lurch032003

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2013, 03:50:28 PM »
 :o I have 4 wheel drive lol yes anyways joined you guys just outside forth on the green road run my first ever event driving and really enjoyed the experience of it a good group of about 20 vehicles turned up and the groups of 3 - 4 at a time was good ,  now home and jet washed her down and have have the mud track in road but I did jet wash it to gutter but had the busy body neighbour stick his ugly head to say why didn't I wash it somewhere else ie move the 3 cars I had in drive out of the way ? Rather than right outside house where water and electricity easy to get to mmmmm yep I go move the cars NOT . Anyways need to order up a new drivers mirror arm as mine broke of its mount but have to see fellow S2c manxcat for hinge so sorted anyways away to get myself washed up now laters folks . 

Dunc

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2013, 04:50:04 PM »
 ;D  ;D  Got my fixed P38 absolutely mocquet on the GRR and have a huge grin as I didn't need to wash ... the local car wash done it for 4 quid so well chuffed !!     Happy as a pig in s*&% ( soft muck )       Duncan

lurch032003

« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »
;D  ;D  Got my fixed P38 absolutely mocquet on the GRR and have a huge grin as I didn't need to wash ... the local car wash done it for 4 quid so well chuffed !!     Happy as a pig in s*&% ( soft muck )       Duncan

U lucky bugger where at u get that done share the magic but I doult my S3 would go into a auto wash lol need manual labour lol but yes I had a grin when I finnished too.

Dunc

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »

U lucky bugger where at u get that done share the magic but I doult my S3 would go into a auto wash lol need manual labour lol but yes I had a grin when I finnished too.
[/quote]

:) John it wasn't a machine it was at Soapy Bubbles at the Stane in Shotts and it is a handwash well a powerjet , soap a brush then another powerjet and I was expecting to pay at least 6-8 quid just due to the overall mud flecks . they actually cleaned it quite well..  Maybe I should ask for a discount for the club !!       Duncan

lurch032003

« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »

:) John it wasn't a machine it was at Soapy Bubbles at the Stane in Shotts and it is a handwash well a powerjet , soap a brush then another powerjet and I was expecting to pay at least 6-8 quid just due to the overall mud flecks . they actually cleaned it quite well..  Maybe I should ask for a discount for the club !!       Duncan
[/quote]

ah sounds like a idear and understand now, so basically u did same as me powerwashed it :-)
i have two powerwashers may take one with me if i can get a power supply and source of water at events, charge a pound a wash could be someting that would be good at them.:-)