HELP disco td5 immobilised

· 6 · 2110

scotdub

HELP disco td5 immobilised
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »
Hello all.

OK my friend has a 2001 disco td5 and is having problems getting it to start. Started just showing the immobiliser light constant when the key was turned. Now the alam is sounding as soon as you unlock it and open the door. He has the hawkeye and it will not connect now. Was connecting before but there was no eka code on the ecu to try. I found a supposed universal code of 1515 so tryed that but the alam started sounding. Guess I put it in wrong. Whoops. Whats going on and how can we get the alam to stop sounding. Have disconnected the battery and will leave it over night to see if that helps.

Alan Mc

Re: HELP disco td5 immobilised
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »
By no means an expert on these things but recently had a very similar issue.  I called Bobby at GEMM who kindly got the code for my vehicle (which I then input using the key in the lock, etc.).  That got mine started but it continued to immobilise following this which was down to water damage in my receiver unit within the car.  A lot of hassle/£s later I got a new remote receiver fitted - sorted.

I'd recommend trying to get the right code, input it to see if it starts.  Then see if it's going to continue to immobilise following that.

Not sure if this helps but hope it does.  Alan.

scotdub

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice Alan.

Yeah the disco has been lying for around 6 months. We got in with the hawkeye but there was no eka code stored in the ecu. Sounds expencive that does. I have read alot on the internet about the problems but there are so many variables to what I could be.

Gary

mikes lr

• Name: michael sherwood
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:29:04 AM »
Thanks for the advice Alan.

Yeah the disco has been lying for around 6 months. We got in with the hawkeye but there was no eka code stored in the ecu. Sounds expencive that does. I have read alot on the internet about the problems but there are so many variables to what I could be.

Gary
the eka code is in the bcu not ecu not shure if this will help
http://www.landroverclubvi.com/uploads/2/3/9/8/2398536/engine_immobilization_after_using_8606nas2.pdf

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
You can ask on the d2 boys club forum.  It's d2 only o a lot of specific advice in there.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

scotdub