td5 or tdci ?

· 4 · 1433

araon

td5 or tdci ?
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
Hi all

i would like some help from anyone who can, i am going to buy myself a new 110, not split new but new to me, i cant make up my mind on td5 or tdci, i need to use the 110 for running up to aberdeen along with being my every day car when i am home, i have been running a golf and a 300tdi 110 but just want to run one motor, i have no experiance with the tdci but lots with the td5,i like the idea of having the 6 speed box and the transit engine, can anyone help or give some real advise???? ::)

aqms987

Re: td5 or tdci ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »
 I have been using a 110 TDCI for mainly road use since June with no adverse probs. It goes at least as well as my 110TD5 with a definite improvement in fuel consumption, @ 2000 RPM in 6th gear it is happily doing 60mph. Very tempting to travel @ 70 mph but my right foot is firmly connected to my wallet!  Both vehs are 110 double cabs so I am comparing like with like, hope this helps your deliberations

araon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »
I have been using a 110 TDCI for mainly road use since June with no adverse probs. It goes at least as well as my 110TD5 with a definite improvement in fuel consumption, @ 2000 RPM in 6th gear it is happily doing 60mph. Very tempting to travel @ 70 mph but my right foot is firmly connected to my wallet!  Both vehs are 110 double cabs so I am comparing like with like, hope this helps your deliberations
thanks for that, how do you find the build on your tdci and what milage do you have on it?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:25:12 PM by araon »

3 coops

• RRC HCPU/ Disco 200TDI/Ser2SWB/RiceHorseBox
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
As far as the build quality goes the TDCi's I have driven have been good, probably the best rovers i have driven for comfort, long periods driving in fine bull dust in africa and not a lot got in, had some issue's with picking the right gear to be in in some circumstances, breaking crust on dried-up river beds, but that would probably be overcome with practice. The TD5's seemed a little less affected by the harsh enviroment and less prone to niggly faults, also easier/cheaper for servicing.

If someone else picking up the bills TDCi, if it comes from my coffer's TD5 on balance.

The 200 and 300 TDi's under the same duties seem to keep going on and with less down time, a good well fettled TDi would be my choice if it's going to be harsh, in the UK the one with the best heater and least drafts would be a strong contender! (TDCi).
VERY FOND OF WEISSBIER