Bulkhead Repairs (again!)

· 4 · 1300

mudTerrain

Bulkhead Repairs (again!)
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
I see there's already one question posted today about getting bulkhead's repaired - I have a slightly different question...

My bulkhead's mostly OK except for the tops, about 10cm either side of the wiper mounts, which have rusted through badly.  I don't think it's worth a whole bulkhead replacement just for that and I reckon I could weld in the metal to repair it, but I can't find suitable repair panels - all the ones on ebay/paddocks/john craddock etc (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-Bulkhead-Repair-Panels-LEFT-RIGHT-/190738186849?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c68e1c261) are for the top corners and don't go far enough across towards the middle...I don't think I could fabricate up the right shape to fit around the air vents, to be honest...

Does anybody know where I can get a repair panel for more of the top of the bulkhead?

Thanks,

Paul

chris07

mudTerrain

Re: Bulkhead Repairs (again!)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
Ooh yeah, they look about right - brilliant, thanks for that!

The challenge now is getting done before I'm under two feet of snow!

chuckyboy

Re: Bulkhead Repairs (again!)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »
I can highly recommend the products from YRM just spent monday sorting the bottom sections of my bulkhead and footwells with parts from them. All 100% accurate and made very well :D

Makes an akward job much easier.
Defender 90 300 Tdi