Busy day tomorrow

· 7 · 1730

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
Busy day tomorrow
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
Hi,

Well the parts I ordered on Thursday evening have arrived , I hope I am able to fit them without to much hassle.

New electric fan and thermal switch , new thermostat and gaskets hopefully will stop water leak from thermostat housing,

Hoping this will bring down the temp gauge as it sits towards the " H "    Although I am told that the 200 TDI engine temp sensor will not be compatible with the gauge !!!!!

Hopefully by tomorrow night I will know the answer

Cheers

Donald

piper5

Re: Busy day tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »
i had problems with the gauge on my 110 it was a 2.5d now. 300 tdi , i tried various sensors to get the gauge working right, the best way in the end was to buy a temp gauge kit from mcgill motorsport on ebay £18  and it came with matching gauge and sensor and fitted stright into the dash

kvz2000

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:43 PM »
Cheers piper5

Might need to do that , does the existing wiring just stay in place ? What a waste of a day today, fitted electric fan with thermostat and I managed to drain battery ?? I think , anyway engine wouldn't turn over yet when I put battery charger on it showed battery okay,

It off to my 4x4 mechanic next week , too difficult for me,

I just want to get it to a stage where I can take it on a long trip without worrying too much, guess I am a bit impatient as I have only owned it for a week!!!!!!!!

Donald

piper5

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »
the replacement gauge and sensor just uses the same wiring and fits the same holes, its just cheaper all round than buying either another landrover gauge or sensor to make it all work right

kvz2000

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
Thanks for that.......

tio

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
Kvz you bought your temp sensor did you buy the stock item or the adjustable sensor ?????? the reason i ask is if you havent bought the adjustable sensor you may want to think about it as the fans stick with the stock sensor because they are hardly ever activated, with the adjustible sensor you can set it a lot lower bringing the fans on more regularly, keeping them in better condition,

kvz2000

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
Hi Tio,

I bought a coolant sensor switch which was for a 200 TDI in a 90 ??? I have fitted an electric fan which has an adjustable thermostat so it can be brought on earlier !!!  I think,

Cheers

Donald.