2012 Defender Front Fogs

· 7 · 2426

R110KSS

• Name: Mark Reid
2012 Defender Front Fogs
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
Hi when I ordered my 110 I had these optional lights and grill fitted but the fogs only come on with full beam there is no front fog switch only a fog button for rear?

https://picasaweb.google.com/113414066050877387300/September3201202?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMu64Oqu5-Dp5gE&feat=directlink

Anyone else got these lights? Seems daft to have front fogs but you can't turn them on in fog?

If thats the way they are can you get a proper front fog button? (There is a blank button on dash)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:53:28 PM by R110KSS »
Find me on Facebook

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
Re: 2012 Defender Front Fogs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
Great looking light panel.

The picture is small but by the look of the light itself it looks to me to be a spot light and would be way to bright to be used with dip beam or on their own with sidelights.
Fog light lenses usualy have a paterned glass to give some beam patern low down and wide where as spots usualy have clear glass and you can see the bulb. (like the ones in the picture)
The modern fogs with clear glass have a lens behind to give the beam pattern.
She said at my age I need something else to play with

R110KSS

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
Now you put it like that maybe they are spots they are just clear glass with a normal bulb behind. You could fry a egg on them when on!  ;D

Why Landrover did not put lenses in and make these fog lamps god only knows???  :o

The main headlamps are normal H4 bulbs however they have clear lenses and bulb caps i.e. like modern car HID units. I bet last edition Landys will be fitted with with HID's & Front lensed HID fogs.   8)

Great looking light panel.

The picture is small but by the look of the light itself it looks to me to be a spot light and would be way to bright to be used with dip beam or on their own with sidelights.
Fog light lenses usualy have a paterned glass to give some beam patern low down and wide where as spots usualy have clear glass and you can see the bulb. (like the ones in the picture)
The modern fogs with clear glass have a lens behind to give the beam pattern.

Find me on Facebook

georgew

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »
Is there anything in the Owners manual about them?
Anything saying that when working as intended they are in Addition to the Full beam?
Is there still a sidelight bulb in the Headlight?

Looks like they are designed to be DRL's (daylight running lights, front on only not rear during the day),
 which go on with the ignition all the time
& should reduce in intensity when the Headlights & sidelights are switched on.

george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

R110KSS

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »
No the manual only covers the standard car lights not this official Landrover option???? The glass on these fog?/spot?/day? lights does state the Manufacturer "Landrover"

The clear plastic headlights are Wipac and have a standard side light buld 501 T10 in the headlight unit as on most cars they also run standard H4 High/low bulbs.

Is there anything in the Owners manual about them?
Anything saying that when working as intended they are in Addition to the Full beam?
Is there still a sidelight bulb in the Headlight?

Looks like they are designed to be DRL's (daylight running lights, front on only not rear during the day),
 which go on with the ignition all the time
& should reduce in intensity when the Headlights & sidelights are switched on.

george
Find me on Facebook

Number31

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
From what I understand, you have a set of auxiliary driving/spot lights rather than fog lights so these should only come on while on main beam. The fitting instructions for the kit can be found here :

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Select your vehicle model and year

Once selected press the "owner" tab top right

Now select "Accessory Fitting Instructions" on the left

Then "Auxiliary Lighting"

Then select document number 2 : "VPLDV0001/2/3/4/LR008361 - Front End Lighting Kit"

You will now be able to view, download or print the fitting instructions for the lighting kit.

Hope this helps.

Number31
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:47:23 AM by Number31 »

R110KSS

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
Cheers!
Find me on Facebook