******* land rovers !!!!!

· 12 · 3499

araon

******* land rovers !!!!!
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
why is it every time i touch my land rover to do a job it ends up  bigger than i wanted? ok two weeks ago before going on holiday i was out in my 110 and it stated knocking, after investigation i found i had snapped a shocker on the front as some nugget had fitted 2" lift springs and standard shocks, so i ordered new terrafirma lift kit from mm 4x4, once i finally got the parcel delivered to my house, and that was a task , i started to strip my old suspension and everything i touched was either sized or rotten, i have never seen rear springs sized on to the chassis! then i have had to cut the to shocker bush as it was sized! that was all just to find the axle plates are rotten!!!! and yes the bolts broke in when trying to remove, i got so p***** off that i made me start on the beer!!   why do we do it? why do we love land rovers so much? if my wife p***** me off that much i would trade her in, that is my rant over for the day now its out to work at the 110, am i mad?? :) :) :) :) :) :) 8)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:27:30 PM by Admin »

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
Re: f~~~~>g land rovers !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »
I feel your pain, now pass me a beer  ;D

Malc

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
Why do we do it - so we have an excuse to drink beer
Disco 300tdi
Defender 90 V8

chuckyboy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:19 PM »
My day has taken the same path.

I should know better every year the MOT slips by at least a month as those wee jobs that will just take a Saturday afternoon turn into partial rebuilds!

Think something stronger than a beer is required tonight and time to start saving for that galvanised holy grail!
Defender 90 300 Tdi

StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
Had a similar day myself.

Finally got my steering box fitted and took it for its wheel alighnment today. Called Kwikfit his morning, gave him the size of the mud tyres and his reply was "yes sir we have a Hunter alignment system, we can track anything"

Sat in Kwikfit for 3 hours, they worked on it for an hour and left with the Defender in a worse state than when it went in. "Sorry sir we can't complete the tracking as the track rod is seized" (brand new track rod).

Beer Please!!
2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

Dave T

Re: ******* land rovers !!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »
If you want easy then go buy a euro box or some jap c**p.

I just bought a new battery from euro car parts for my D3, believed their part selector, got home and the damm thing doesn't fit, about 40mm to long. Rush to Halfords to get right one then realise I only needed to driven round in circles to teach it what gear I am in to sort it out :o :o

If you want easy and simple don't buy a LR of any age, now where is the beer :)
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

araon

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »
If you want easy then go buy a euro box or some jap c**p.

I just bought a new battery from euro car parts for my D3, believed their part selector, got home and the damm thing doesn't fit, about 40mm to long. Rush to Halfords to get right one then realise I only needed to driven round in circles to teach it what gear I am in to sort it out :o :o

If you want easy and simple don't buy a LR of any age, now where is the beer :)
no way i would buy jap crap!!! much more fun getting bladdered on beer  ::) ::) ::) and owning a land rover.

StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
Think I might have been drunk when I bought my Defender actually!  ;D
2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
You green oval guys have got it easy. I'll see your LR and raise you a jeep. There just isn't enough beer for working on it.
And yes I was drunk whenI bought it!  :o

allen

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
i bought a 110 last week and tought i better check it over as im using it to tow my caravan this week i discovered that the gearbox was held on to the engine with 1 bolt  :o that could have been a disaster also the guy i bought it from was saying how bad the MPG was well that might have had something to do with the fuel leak   :-\  lets hope who ever fitted the gearbox never fitted the brakes  ;D

R110KSS

• Name: Mark Reid
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »
110XS 6 months old 7000 miles Drive Prop falling off????? And its never been offroad! Lol
Find me on Facebook

whistler007

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 01:53:03 AM »
Could be worse you could be under a fourtrak or even a nivera or a L200 Come on we all know Land rovers can be a pain in the backside but we all still drive them. I saw a Discovery driver stuck on the A1, stoped and asked if I could help. Think thats what Land Rovers are all about :-)

(Ed: edited for family viewing)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:45:32 AM by Pilot Custard »