watch the scottish news on bbc tonight

· 10 · 2183

tio

watch the scottish news on bbc tonight
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
caught a trailer about on a feature of illeagal offroading in the north east, worth a watch, (tea time i think)

Floyd

• Name: Graham Dallas
Re: watch the scottish news on bbc tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Didn't see it on the box but heard it on Radio Scotland.
Graham

---------
'95 Defender 110 300 Tdi

aqms987

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »
 Saw it tonight, nothing which should worry any fine upstanding members of SLROC, refers to illegal access to Forestry roads and allegedly excessive speeds by the muppets involved. Looks bad for the 4x4 brigade generally but I am sure that none of us would be involved.

Allan

agmech 53

• Name: Jim Wilson
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
I saw the item on the news, they were very non commital about those groups who were actually causing the problems, I'd love to see almost any Landy do 50/60/70mph on a forrest track as the guy from the forrestry commision stated! I'm not sure they really know who's causing the problems, i'm guessing it'll be boy racers and quad/motox riders, although I've seen the timber wagons coming and going from the forrests around us and those guys certainly don't hang about either!

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:26 PM »
Most of the illegal access to the Forestry Roads around here is not by 4x4s at all - its boy racers in Pug 205s and Corsas. That FC refuse to actually properly lock the tracks is a major part of the problem, apparently they have to leave an exit open for @elf and safety reasons in case anyone who is illegally in the Forest is stuck behind a locked gate. Go Figure....

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Floyd

• Name: Graham Dallas
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
I'd love to see almost any Landy do 50/60/70mph on a forrest track as the guy from the forrestry commision stated!

That was my exact thought when I heard it :)
Graham

---------
'95 Defender 110 300 Tdi

tio

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »
it was a bit poor as news stories go, journo's trying to hype uncommital fc and a waffling copper who had no idea what he was talking about!!!!!!! tbh i was more interested in the thing they used against boy racers on the boulivard being used against illeagal offroaders but as it turned out it was barely mentioned, must have been a slow day at the bbc

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
I'd love to see almost any Landy do 50/60/70mph on a forrest track as the guy from the forrestry commision stated!
Not a problem sir.... come to a comp or a Hill Rally.....

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
Have you not seen Brian around the forest for work

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
Have you not seen Brian around the forest for work

**ROFL**
Don't tell me, he's probably slower in the KAP
:D :D :D