Leaf Sprung Trial

· 5 · 2381

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Leaf Sprung Trial
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:54:45 AM »
Awesome event!
(for those who missed it, you missed one of the best events I've been to in a long while)

The sections were all challenging.... I think all were cleared by someone, yet nobody ended up with zero, and there was no more than two people sharing pointage. You had to think about the route you wanted, and you had to drive canny (which sometimes meant more than trickle along in low second.)
All the gates were wide, and cane-dodging was only an issue when taking the wrong line going up/down slopes ;-)

I was part of the leading pack for half the day, until grippy tyres argued with a drive-flange, and the motor ended up in 2 wheel drive (and many thanks to Rab for the use of his motor for the last three sections... yet Alex still beat me in the 2WD BogHopper.)

I really must build myself a trials car again!
Sooooo much fun!

lreay

Re: Leaf Sprung Trial
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »
Yes I agree, a fantastic event. Thankyou to the set up crew and the landowner. I was very impressed with the skill of the drivers and the lines that were needed to make some of the gates! Can't wait to see the photos and videos.

Cheers
Luke

wildfire101

• Name: Dougie Rice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »
Hey guys
Thanks for such an outstanding day! Donald - Alex - Ian - Luke and all the rest who's names escape me, made it so enjoyable - oh and Hamish for showing us the way  :) :) :)

Kenny managed a few pics

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/diesellandrovernut/

Looking forward to future runs

Dougie

stage recovery

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »
Big thanks to Lindsay Macbeth for the use of his very capable motor, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks also to all involved in organising the day.

RAB 110

• Name: Robert Stewart
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »
Really enjoyed myself that day even know I hit my head once or twice in the series 3 that I had a shot in,it was a laugh.
Hope to do it again next year althoungh I could do with a landy with more room!! ALEX. :)