Looking for a New tool set! anyone got one for sale or like to recommend one?

· 12 · 1870

Tomreade93

Hi,

After a recent trip to my friends shed i found out he had been hiding a new Teng Tool chest from me  :o

So now with Tool Jealousy Im looking for a new tool chest kit for my workshop. has anyone got one for sale? or would anyone recommend one? I would Love a Teng Tool kit but the price is waay to much for me :(

Tom

Defender 110 1998 300Tdi

Defender 100 300tdi  Based on Discovery 1

vag_landy

• Name: Greg Leighton
I would recommend halfords advanced range life time guarantee and reasonably priced .ask around for any mates in motor trade to get trade discount. I bought a 5 litre bottle of brake fluid for 10.99 when the vat price is 17.99.
Vw Audi Group
PP Golf GTi
Puma XS 90
Ex MOD 90

ghostrider

I agree Halfords for me as well and there doing them for about half price the now.

Tomreade93

Wow that looks damn good value!

But is the Quality up to the others?

Tom
Defender 110 1998 300Tdi

Defender 100 300tdi  Based on Discovery 1

ghostrider

Yep i would say there damn good and if they do break ye just take them back and they replace them for you

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Yep i would say there damn good and if they do break ye just take them back and they replace them for you

Thats good news - my 1/4 in drive does not hold the sockets on, they drop off just when you are holding them over the darkest oil filled small cavity on the motor - back it goes then !

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

diesel jock

I agree with the rest halfords advanced is good kit I own alot of it I work on heavy plant and have had less breakages than my snap on kit,they are doing a 150 piece set 1/4 3/8 1/2 plus spanners etc for £99 cracking set I keep one in the landy

agmech 53

• Name: Jim Wilson
Yeah also got to agree with the guys here, always buy the best you can afford, with that in mind I honestly think you'll be hard pressed to find a better quality set of tools for the cash than the Halfords advanced/professional stuff, I've had the 150 piece set (all be it a slightly older version) diesel jock is talking about and the ratcheting spanners set for a few years now, I work on Agricultural kit so you can imagine how manky my tools can get at times and i've never had an issue with any of the Halfords stuff, unlike some of the more expensive brands i've got in the tool chest!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:17:42 PM by agmech 53 »

piper5

halfords for me too i am still using a 15 year old halfords ratchet on a daily basis,  it outlasted £130 snap on one hands down
also look at buying teng stuff on there own very good value if you dont buy boxed sets, have a look at www.clarik.co.uk

Floyd

• Name: Graham Dallas
I've still got a great Teng 1/2" drive socket set (about 60 piece), I bought it more than 20 years ago when I was an apprentice.

Still in great shape and would never fault it.

I think it cost me 3-weeks wages at the time :o
Graham

---------
'95 Defender 110 300 Tdi

WELDER 1

look on ebay for a company called ap tools or just put in bergen tools been buying bergen instead off snap on for about 5 years would not go back to snap on

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
Budget dependant really

Hard to beat the 150 pc set from halfords for 99 quid  coupled with a 30 quid set of imperial spanners youll be well equiped

Then buy stuff as you need it

I really like the flex head spatchet spanners . Great for tight spaces !

Halfords also doing their 5 drawer pro
Ball bearing chest comes with free 6 drawer chest for the top.

That clarik site has some nice prices too piper.

Seeemingly machine mart are doing vat free in store this week - shame im in aberdeen cba driving to dundee :( - loooking for a 4 drawer mid extension for my chest and an electric impact driver.

dont forget your grinder :)

`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.