SCCC - Drumclog

· 14 · 5176

AKM

SCCC - Drumclog
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »
I had a fantastic two days at Drumclog!  A huge thanks to the Organisers + Marshall's and the competitors for a great course and some interesting sections around the course.  Also a huge thanks to Tony for being my navigator after his navigating duties with Johnnie came to an unexpected short end. 

Thanks again everybody
Ann (Car 35)

;D
AKM

billy

• Name: Billy Phillips
Re: SCCC - Drumclog
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
I would also like to thank all for a great weekend, especially all those who stayed out on the hill in that awful weather so I could finish all my laps
A big big thanks from billy and the Phillips clan
Range Rover Classic V8 & TDI ,110 TDI ,Lightwieght V8 Racer "lots of headaches"

StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:46 PM »
Yep, good day. It was our first attempt at Marshalling today and really enjoyed it. Pity about the weather, think I might be dreaming about wooden posts/arrows tonight though!

Great team effort to get everything packed up quick time!

Cheers

StephenO

2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

Team Wasp

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
I agree with Ann, thanks to everyone who contributed to make Drumclog a fantastic event.  Great to see such a good turnout of competitors too as I think this is the best attended comp since Forrest Estate March 2008 when 24 teams took part.  Makes it more worthwhile for all the setup and marshals as they have a bit more to watch.  That's also the reason I used reverse gear on several occasions so that the spectators could get a better look at the car......

Thanks too go to Ann in car 35 for being polite enough to let me overtake about 500 yards from the finish.  I didnt feel comfortable with accepting this so felt compelled to spin the car at the last set of canes before the finish and let her pass me again.  Oops.... ;D

Finally, the next Scottish comp is at Forrest Estate on 16th and 17th June, the venue for the 2012 Hillrally.  I hope there will be another good turnout.  For those of you who have been before you may be in for a treat as a different course than before is under consideration.  For those who haven't been before I urge you to make the trip.  The course is unique in the SCCC calendar due to the gravel tracks, ample hard standing service area and the midges.  Two out of three ain't bad....

By the way the BCCC are at Forrest Estate on the previous weekend, 9th and 10th June and they would be grateful for as many people to assist with the marshalling as possible.  Perhaps a good opportunity for some of you to do a recce for the following weekend!

Brian

LBART

• Name: lee bartlett
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
Just like to say a big thanks to every one involved with the weekend has a great time.look forward to the next round.

Thanks from TEAMBART
TeamBart
Cross Country Motorsport

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
Thanks very much all for a great weekend and a warm welcome from many..cheers Sharon and Ali for keeping me right on the start line..hope I did a good enough job to be welcome back again! Now...a very nice person loaned me a pair of gloves and I have no idea who (name) it was...if it was you plz get in touch so I can post them back to you!

Eileen

v6cosworthrangerover

• Name: Steve Chambers from NI 4WD club
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:10:42 PM »
Thanks for all making us guys from Northern Ireland 4WD club welcome. A great event and some good fun had by all.

Sorry we had to leave early but Ferries wait for no man / woman. We got lucky the 2 ferries after the one we got were cancelled.

Anyway good to meet you all again and hopefully we will be back over soon.

Our next Comp event is on Sunday 27th May about 10 minutes from the Larne ferry port if anyone wants to come play let me know. Sharon has some of the details

Steve

nigelh

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »

Another brilliant event, great course complemented by a good number of competitors. As always many thanks to marshalls,( special thanks for towing us out) time control, organisers and anyone else involved. Thanks to Sharon and Michelle for taking care of Molly, she is becoming a bigger motorsport fanatic than me.

Some friends from work came to spectate and have commented on how very friendly and welcoming everbody is. Great advert for the club and the sport. See you at Forrest.

Nigel, Kev, Sally, Molly and car7 supporters club

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Nigel, was that the couple who's beds were a tad longer than their tent? :D

nigelh

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 11:53:24 PM »

Yes Ian, that was them, I think they have already made arrangements to come to Forrest.

Robert

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »

Team Wasp

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »

Yes Ian, that was them, I think they have already made arrangements to come to Forrest.

Nigel.  The midges will feast on their toes......

Team Wasp

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
Found this on Youtube  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5d5Knet1E

Perhaps the marshals need to add a blue flag to their collection.  (Overtaking)  On the vid you can see the Wildcat behind the Outlaw and clearly hear the Wildcats horn.  Bearing in mind that you cant even hear the Outlaws horn when you are in the Outlaw then there is no chance of hearing the car behind.  I had no idea the Wildcat was right behind me at that point.  Sorry for holding you up Alex but I did let you pass as soon as I saw you were there.  Ian (Pilot Custard) always reminds people at the drivers briefing that the horn is generally as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Sooty

• been there winched that
  • Name: mike robertson
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »
Started out with nothing,
Still have most of it left