Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date Announced!

· 25 · 8683

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date Announced!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
Jeezy peeps!! I've just been on the website to see if I could get a better idea of what the Hill Rally is all about and how it runs..er the timing for the Comp Safaris is a piece of cake when put beside the description for the Hill Rally timing...ya what?????  Can I erm..just come and watch lol  ??? :o ;D

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
Hill Rallies are the cross-over between car rallies (which are now also restricting what you can actually rally with) and Comps (where you can shove in as much engine as you think you can handle) - so there's a lot of rally in the timing.

Sure you can come and watch.... but like car rallies, you can't get your vehicle near the stages unless you're marshalling :)
(Come and marshal... get a ring-side seat as 200+hp vehicles belt past insanely fast...)

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 10:59:31 PM »

Sure you can come and watch.... but like car rallies, you can't get your vehicle near the stages unless you're marshalling :)
(Come and marshal... get a ring-side seat as 200+hp vehicles belt past insanely fast...)

awww you drive such a hard bargain Mr Stuart...well I guess I just might do that then  :P

Alarmgard

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 10:15:44 AM »
Eileen, come along and help, the timing on the event is not hard at all. Generally all you need to be able to do is read a clock and record the time on a sheet/card. Theres always a group of people at the starts and finishes so you wouldn't be alone. The actual techie bit of working out who has done what is done back at the event HQ by the results manager who does this for lots of big events, we also have a professional timekeeper who delivers the clocks/ timing lights etc and also shows how they work. When I say professional, its basically their field of interest so do it all the time.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Alarmgard

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »

Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - entries close on the 22nd October, which means you all have four weeks to get your entries in. The organising team have been working hard behind the scenes, with only a few small items to complete to allow us to run another great event.

We appreciate the trend currently is to wait till the very last minute to put an entry in, understandably this helps you the competitor, but it doesn't help us the event organisers as we simply don’t know what to expect till the last minute. The organising team is made up of volunteers who all give their time freely and juggle their other commitments to enable us to put the event.

Not forgetting that last year we signed on over 280 volunteers over the actual weekend to run the event, we would love to have them all back this year. If your able to help with the event then please email me colin.rodger@virgin.net

So if your coming to compete please get your entry in promptly and let us know your plans. Already sent your entry in but not had an acknowledgement then please get in touch so we can check at our end.

Finally got a question about the event then please ask.

Regard's Colin.

Colin Rodger
Rally Manager
Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012
Mobile: 07767-726075
Email: colin.rodger@virgin.net

www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk

This e-mail has been sent on behalf of
SHR Club Ltd
Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC307846)
Registered Office: 52 Fort St, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD52AB.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

Statement regarding the Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012.
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »
Statement about the Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012.

With just over four days till entries close for this years event, we find that the level of entries is disappointing. The Scottish Hill Rally Club are fully committed to running Hill Rallies, our club exists to promote, run and support them. We have for a number of years run the Scottish Borders Hill Rally at Forrest Lodge, St Johns Town of Dalry and as a club we have continually sought the opinion of the competitors and marshals alike to ensure that we put on the best possible event.

After last years event we courted opinion from all involved  and we then subsequently discussed/actioned some of the points raised, one of the major items was that moving the event one week earlier would help more competitors take part. This change apparently allowed a better “Repair and Recuperation” period between the "Borders" and the November French event. Despite this change, we have not seen an appreciative rise in entries.

A couple of people have asked if the event will run? Well yes the Scottish Hill Rally Club are fully committed to running this Hill Rally (and indeed we are also looking to bring back a summer event.) But we can only do this if you the competitors support the events by entering them and also providing feedback. Considerable effort has been made by many to get the event to this point and indeed we had over 280 volunteers last year helping to make it the great event that it was. It is our intent to run the event, only a lack of entries will stop that.

The club fully appreciates that times are hard, however this effects everyone and indeed the club is no different. Entries for this years event close on Monday the 22nd October at midday, shortly after which we will meet to discuss the event. It is a harsh reality that as club that is committed to running Hill Rallies that we cannot expose the club to a financial loss that would almost certainly happen should we not reach a reasonable level of entries. We will make the business decision on whether to run or not based on what entries we have on Monday, entries promised in the post do not count.

The club are fully committed to running this years event, but we need you the competitor to get your entries in before midday on Monday. If you wait till after this time then it will almost certainly be to late, we will have made our business decision. We urge you to get your entry in by return.

The format will be as previous years in that the 1rst stage will be at 11am on Saturday, with the last stage of the day in darkness, Sunday sees a 9am start.

We also still have a number of sponsorship opportunities and would welcome discussing them further with interested parties.

If you have any questions please get in touch.

Ian Stuart  - Chairman Scottish Hill Rally Club

Colin Rodger – Rally Manager Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012

SHR Club Ltd
Colin Rodger

corvettedave

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:28 PM »
Can someone clarify what tyres your allowed to use in this event, Ive read on the website you are allowed to use either mud terrain or all terrain tyres listed in blue book, is this correct?

Alarmgard

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
7.20 Tyre must be of a type listed in General Regulation [L] List 5(a) (All Terrain) and 5(b) (Mud Terrain). Only tyres in these lists will be acceptable. (Please contact the Chief Scrutineer with any queries, listed in 14.1). Tyres in list 5(c) or not listed, including those having a tread pattern similar to, but not listed in, 5(a) or 5(b) are not permitted. Penalty for infringement – exclusion.

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/12/187_196_Common_Regulations_for_Permitted_Tyres_(L).pdf

The above is the rule from the supplementary regulations and a link to the relevant list on the MSA website.

Any queries either ask here or give Jonny Campbell a shout as he is the Scrutineer for the event.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 10:20:47 AM »
Entries Close today at 12 midday, if you want to enter its not too late to submit an application and make an electronic payment. Any questions please phone.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Important
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 – Important Announcement.

Entries for the Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 closed at midday on Monday  22nd.   Despite great interest having been expressed, the number of entries received is far short of the numbers that we need to make the event run.

The club is fully committed to running hill rallies but cannot commit  funds to make an event run that in reality is simply not well enough supported by competitors. We acknowledge that with so many events in such a short period of time, the present financial climate is such that it is simply not possible to run a competitive vehicle and take part in every event possible; likewise we as organisers cannot run events that do not break  even. In view of the above I regret to advise you that the Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 has been cancelled.

Many of us have planned the time off and organised accommodation in anticipation of a great social weekend of motorsport at a popular venue.   I am pleased to announce that we will be running a comp safari at Forrest Lodge on the same weekend, allowing you to test man and machine over some of the stages that would have been used for the Borders.

Provisional event details are as follows:

•         Two day comp safari, starting at 11am Saturday and at 9am Sunday.  Competitors will complete 5 laps of a 12 mile stage on Saturday, and  7 laps of 7 miles on the Sunday – a total of 109 miles.

•         Cost will be £150 per vehicle.

•         Regulations and further details will be available on the club website very soon.

Competitors who have entered the Borders will be contacted shortly to confirm whether they wish to compete in the comp safari or to receive a full refund.

As with the Borders we still need a large number of volunteers to run the event and would welcome any offers of help.  If you have volunteered previously please confirm that you are still available.  We still have access to a number of beds at a rate of £16.50 per night, on a first come first served basis.

Please  be assured that the Club remains fully committed to running Hill Rallies; we intend to run a Borders in 2013 and are looking at the possibility of running a Summer hill rally.

The decision to cancel Borders 2012 was a difficult one which was made in the best interests of all involved in the event.

Should you have any questions regarding marshalling at the Comp Safari, then please contact me on the numbers below. For all other enquiries regarding  the Hill Rally Club Comp Safari please contact Ian Stuart on 07811-378826 or chairman @ scottish-hillrally.co.uk

Thank you all for supporting the Scottish Hill Rally Club.

Colin Rodger
Rally Manager

SHR Club Ltd

Colin Rodger