Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date Announced!

· 25 · 8682

Alarmgard

Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date Announced!
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »
The Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012.         

Following extensive consultation the Scottish Hill Rally Club are pleased to announce that it is the clubs intention to run this years Scottish Borders Hill Rally on the 10th & 11th November 2012. Many of you will note that this is one week earlier than in previous years, the club are conscious that in the current climate that everything possible must be done to ensure that Hill Rallies continue to flourish. 

We are delighted that the Borders Hill Rally continues to be well supported, however in 2011 we did see a slight drop in entries. The club wanted to be sure that we didn’t take competitors, marshals, supporters and spectators for granted and just continue to run the event as was. To this end we embarked on a journey to court opinion from all involved with the event, replies were received from a reasonable number of people that indicated that the running of the event would be better supported if it was to run a week earlier as this fitted in better with other events, holiday’s etc. We fully appreciate that this date change may not suit everyone, but we have made the decision with the best intentions that will help the Club to continue to run Hill Rallies in Scotland.

The 2012 Event builds on the success of previous Scottish Borders Hill Rally events and again will be run at the ever popular Forrest Estate, St Johns Town of Dalry. The feedback from competitors, marshals and supporters for a return to this venue have been most positive, the setup team will continue to look at bringing challenging stages with tweaks and improvements that not only seek to challenge the vehicles, but competitors as a whole. The organising team carried out a debrief process after the event and we have highlighted areas that we need to improve on for 2012, the commitment of the volunteers that run the event is unquestionable and certainly we are all keen to deliver the best event with the resources available to us.

The Scottish Hill Rally Club Membership have committed to run the event with the same entry fee cost as 2011, NO INCREASE!

As with any event of this nature, there are a number of challenges that the organising team need to meet to ensure that we run the best event possible, we need everyone that is passionate about Cross Country Motorsport to help.

•   We need to spread the word about the date change, we would like to encourage a full entry for the event.

•   We need to attract a certain level of sponsorship to run the event, whether you can help with a £100 or £5000 were keen to hear from
               you (contact details below) Remember its not too late to get the event named after your organisation “The Custard Enterprises Borders Hill     Rally” as an example. We have a number of sponsorship opportunities available for interested parties.

•   If your up for helping with organisation of the event before hand or to help over the event weekend. Get in touch.

•   We need volunteer marshals to help run safe stages, were keen to hear from individuals, groups and clubs who are willing to help with the event.

We hope to publish the Supplementary Regulations for the event early in June (subject to MSA Approval) and with entries opening on the 1st of July.

So as you will appreciate there is a lot of hard work ahead for the club to do, before we deliver another great Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 on the 10th & 11th November 2012, but the work has started and we are committed to bringing another first class cross country event.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved with the Scottish Borders Hill Rally events to date, without your support the events wouldn’t happen and we look forward to working with you for many years to come.

The clubs website will shortly be updated to reflect the progress with this years event and as previous years you can subscribe to the Borders Buzz email mailing list to kept informed of all the latest developments with the event.

Regards,
Colin.
Colin Rodger
Rally Manager
The Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012
Mobile: 07767-726075
Email: colin.rodger@virgin.net
www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk

This communication has been sent on behalf of
SHR Club Ltd
Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC307846)
Registered Office: 52 Fort St, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD52AB.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

tgreer

Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date Announced!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »
I will be there. I will have wheels. I will not fail this year! Radio Marshall ready and waiting.. I will be in a 4x4.
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »
I will be there. I will have wheels. I will not fail this year! Radio Marshall ready and waiting.. I will be in a 4x4.

Here you go Thomas.... http://www.shb.co.uk/scotland/index.html.

Just in case like  ;D

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Alarmgard

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
We will be publishing more information on this years event next week. Watch this space!
Colin Rodger

Scott110

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:19:44 AM »
Love the forest estate events. If we are not tied up on the farm ill ask the other half out on a date to do some Marshalling  :) if Ian is involved we can contact him to confirm if we can make it.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
Ian is involved we can contact him to confirm if we can make it.
Depends on which Ian you mean.... but this one is :D

Scott110

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
 :) good stuff .... contact you nearer the time.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Alarmgard

Entries are open.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012.

Supplementary Regulations and Entry application form are now available for download from the Scottish Hill Rally Club Website. http://scottish-hillrally.co.uk

Colin Rodger
Rally Manager
Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012
Mobile: 07767-726075
Email: colin.rodger@virgin.net

www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk

This e-mail has been sent on behalf of
SHR Club Ltd
Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC307846)
Registered Office: 52 Fort St, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD52AB.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:14:16 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »
Latest news on this years event's, theres been healthy interest in this years event and the entries secretary has reported that entries are arriving. Also we now have approval from the local council for a "Controlled Crossing", something different for this year!
Colin Rodger

corvettedave

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 11:17:54 PM »
does a competitor need to have a navigator for this event?

dave

Alarmgard

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
Yes you need a navigator, although many have never actually navigated before taking part in the event. Theres a few people who would help out if you needed a navigator or indeed if you have a green navigator people who will give advice and help.
Colin Rodger

corvettedave

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:14 PM »
ok, thanks for advice, if I can get my racer finished in time, then Iam up for this event

cheers

dave

Pilot Custard

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:38:03 AM »
Navigator also needs to have a licence.... unlike comps...

corvettedave

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »
Navigator also needs to have a licence.... unlike comps...

Thanks for info Ian

when is the deadline for entries to be in by?, busy trying to get racer ready, how much night driving is there in the hillrally?

dave

Pilot Custard

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »
Entries close on the 22nd. More accurately, that is when we make the financial decision about running for the number of competitors who have committed an entry - late entries can be accepted, up until scrutineering closes, and a maximum of 50 entries.

Much as I'd like your entry - Unless you have done a Hill Rally.... do at least 1 comp first!