Calling all Marshals - SCCC round 1

· 3 · 2994

geoff

Calling all Marshals - SCCC round 1
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »
Hi,

As detailed below, next weekend is the start of the SCCC season.
If you are available to marshal please send me a PM with your details. Vehicle, MSA call sign etc, etc.
Hopefully I'll get a route map before the event and will ba able to hand them out on the day.
I hope to be there on Saturday to set up, i think assistance is probably also required here, PM Alan A for details.

cheers

Geoff

The opening round of the 2012 Scottish Cross Country Championship will have us back racing around the Kilpatrick Hills! With many thanks to the Thompson family, we have a fantastic opening event "The Auchentorlie Comp Safari" taking place on their estate near Dumbarton on Sunday 15th April.

At this superb venue we can look forward to racing 15 laps of 2.0 miles on a landscape completely different to last year with a variety of surfaces and fast tracks, high in the Kilpatrick Hills with brilliant views up and down the Firth of Clyde!

So get busy with those final pre-season jobs on the car, or start cleaning it from our last event in October, as the case may be! This is not an event to be missed!

For further information please call Ian Stuart on 07811 378826 or Alan Agnew on 0141 881 8993. The Championship regs are just about finalised and will be sent out shortly, we are still running with anything from the MSA tyre list, all terrain, mud or aggressive, you choose!

As ever we always our Marshals to ensure the event can run safely! If you can help at this event it would be much appreciated, please give Geoff Greenwood a call on 07970 365967 to let him know you will be ther
And to any competitor,  if your car isn't ready, do the next best thing and get along and help!

Times:

Saturday 14th April - The set up will take place from 11.00am and camping is available on site for Saturday night

Sunday 15th April - Scrutineering 8:30-9:30. Marshals briefing 9:15, Marshals in place by 9:45, drivers briefing 09:45, drive round lap 10:00 and first lap at 10:30.
Stop for lunch 13:00 – 14:00, last lap at 16:30

Entries:

Please let us know if you intend to be there as numbers are limited to 25 entries and we need to know the commitment of our competitors to ensure our events can run sucessfully!
Please reply to this post, send a PM to “Alan A” or give Alan Agnew a call, thanks!

£45.00 + a prize for the Marshals Prize Draw (don't forget the prize, very important!!)

Please ensure you have a valid comp licence and remember that licence renewals cannot be accepted on the day

Directions:

From the M8 Motorway exit at junction 30 for the Erskine Bridge onto the M898, head north over the bridge taking the left hand lane for Dumbarton A82. After 2 miles on A82, straight on at the roundabout and then about 1/2 mile on, take a right turn onto the unclassified road opposite the Arnold Clark Garage, there will be orange arrows from here to the site.

geoff

Re: Calling all Marshals - SCCC round 1
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »
BTT

geoff

Re: Calling all Marshals - SCCC round 1
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
Hi,

I'm hoping, as was the case last year, all the marshalls turn up on the day. ;D

Geoff