Aircon

· 3 · 1078

rodspink

Aircon
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Other having it discharged would there be any issues with removing the aircon from my RRC. Would I need to block off the pipes to the radiator or heater unit.

Thanks

Rod

scotdub

Re: Aircon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:22:27 AM »
Hi Rodspink,
 Can't remember if the classic was running the old r12 gas or the later r134a. if it is the earlier more harmful gas them most aircon specalists will not have the machine to discharge the system some might still have it. The R12 was banned as it was so harmfull to the enviroment. There might not be much gas in the system anyway as they are ment to get re-gased and serviced every 2 years because the gas is slowly lost over time plus the condensor usualy rots along the bottom. I dare say if you were careful and didn't get any gas on yourself as it will give you severe frost bite. The effects on the atmosphere would be harsh but negligable. Just discharge it yourself. as for the pipes to the rad the ac system is not connected through the raiator. Possible be a matrix in by the heater blower fan. But someone with abit more knowledge in the stripping of a classic could tell you better.

I could get my fingers rapped for this.

Gary

rodspink

Re: Aircon
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:52:03 PM »
Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply.
Getting discharged is not really a problem I ken someone with the kit to do so thats cool. The belt is missing from the compressor so I just wanted to remove it as it serves no usefull purpose to me . The car will be an off roader so the less bits not being used the better.

Cheers

Rod