series 2a land rover for sale(sold)

· 5 · 1262

dantheman

series 2a land rover for sale(sold)
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
due to my bad knees playing up again, im putting my 1966 2a up for sale,some of you already know it,and how much i have done to it,but the time has come to let it go. In the time ive had it, it has had a complete new clutch system(b+b kit,trw lucas master and slave,thrust bearing, linkage,etc)brake cylinders are all cast delphi lockheed,new shoes fitted by me also,engine has a turner stage one unleaded head ,simon bbc electronic dissy, magnecor leads,weber carb with k@n filter, new lift pump(fitted by me) new alternator,regularly serviced,springs,chassis good,i also refurbed seatbox with new ends and fitted underseat toolbox, for comfort it has defender seats with genuine lr seat covers, its mot/taxed til end of july,cb radio,its a truck cab with 3 yr old deepweave exmoor trim 3/4 canvas,sitting on wolf wheels with michelin xzl 750 tyres,freewheel hubs.It has an adjustable hitch also,there a couple of negs, one is its needing a new exhaust as its leaking, but a new one will be supplied,but unless my health improves, not fitted,the swivels are a bit leaky.also its got rebuilt doorframes with rocky mountain ali doortops,and a new magna tex indicator switch,any way heres some pics: 

the motor is at auchtermuchty,fife i want £2800 for it no offers,cheers-dan
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:30:45 AM by dantheman »
land rover daft!!!or just plain daft!!!!!

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
Re: series 2a land rover for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
Thats a lovely motor Dan. good luck
She said at my age I need something else to play with

dantheman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
it might be going to a retired gent in aberdeen,subject to viewing tomorrow  :'(

DRH

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
Hi Dan

The photographs don't do it justice!  Hope it goes to a good home

Duncan

dantheman

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
its now sold!!!! and off to aberdeen with a nice retired gent