Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date

· 12 · 4933

Alarmgard

Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:08:06 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Were looking for some feedback on the date for this years event, its been suggested that if we moved the date a bit earlier then we would make the event more accessible to competitors. So having looked at the events we know of we could run on the traditional weekend of the 17/18th November or move it a week earlier and run on the 10/11th November.

As you all know running an event like this very much depends on numbers and as a club we want to continue running Hill Rallies, so everything we can do to maximise entries will be done.

So please let us know what you think.

Also if your organisation is interested having the event named after you "Custard Promotions Borders Hill Rally 2012" then please get in touch.

colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile 07767726075

Regards, Colin.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Team Wasp

Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012 - Date
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Hi Colin

As we all know this is likely to be the only hillrally in the UK this year and it isn't in the Borders anymore so how about a new name?  The UK Hillrally.

Regards Brian

Alarmgard

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
Good point Brian, we did talk about this a couple of years ago and the general view was that everyone new it as the Scottish Borders Hill Rally so rather than take a chance that people thought it was a new event and not enter, it was decided to keep it the same.

Its something we can look at, but I guess the same reasoning may be made. Of course if we can find a headline sponsor for the event then it would probably change in any case.

Think the biggest issue for the event is at least maintaining the level of entries and ideally getting it back up to 50. Were open on any suggestions for the event from anyone, so has any or wants to help with the 2012 event get in touch, my details are above.

Uk Hill Rally is a possible, but would we have to change it if Scotland gets Independance  :P
Colin Rodger

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »
We can't call it "The Hillrally", as that's owned by The Hillrally Club
We can't call it "The Scottish Hill Rally", as that's owned by RSAC (I've asked for it a few times ;-) )

"The Scottish" was the colloquial name for the July Hill rally.... which became "The Perthshire Hill Rally" when Perthshire Council sponsored the event to the tune of several thousand pounds
"The Borders Hill Rally" was, likewise, named when Borders Council dropped a few grand our way.... and "The Borders" was colloquially distinct from "The Perthshire".

I've now taken to calling it "The 'Borders' Hill Rally" (or 'The "Borders" Hill Rally')

In days of Yore, there were two Hill Rallies in Wales, one in Lincoln, and the "Scottish".... and there was a Hill Rally Championship.

Team Wasp

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:54:52 AM »
Ian

And the SAMES or Carriageways Southern Hillrally in the mid 90's I think....

Regards Brian

Alarmgard

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:52:57 AM »

Just a reminder about this, if you have a view on the date, then please get in touch. We want everyone to get the opportunity to have a say, before we fix the date for this years event.

The intention is to confirm the date on the first of March for this years Borders Hill Rally.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
Folks if you have a view on which weekend this event should run on then please get in touch very soon. Thanks, Colin.
Colin Rodger

Sims

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
Colin

Any ideas on the Date for 2012 Borders Hillrally yet, as it was mentioned that a decision on the date would be made on the 1st March!

Sharon

Alarmgard

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »
Hi Sharon,

Given the  variety of response on the date's, we have decided to to discuss the matter further at the club commitee meeting next week.

I would hope to confirm the date shortly after that.

Regards, Colin.
Colin Rodger

Sims

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:10 AM »
Thanks Colin

Sims

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:55 PM »
Anyword on the date for the Borders Hillrally yet!

Sharon

Alarmgard

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »
This years date has been announce and I have started a new topic on the event. Look forward to seeing as many people as possible at the event.

Cheers, Colin.
Colin Rodger