mig gas bottle wanted

· 11 · 1364

gizgrey

mig gas bottle wanted
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
looking for a big botle of gas and regulater for my 130 turbo mig,been using the disposable ones but they run out quick and got fair bit welding to do..

blackboilersuit

Re: mig gas bottle wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
I have a pub gas bottle and get it filled with pure CO2 at M&S Fire Protection in Rutherglen.http://www.m-s-fireprotection.co.uk/fire-extinguishers.html

The bottle (empty) was around a tenner off ebay and M&S charge around £12 for a fill.

Most places that fill fire extinguishers will fill a pub gas bottle as long as the test is in date (plastic tag on neck of bottle valve with the test expirey date on it) so if buying an empty bottle make sure you check the date on it.

You'll also need a bottle regulator gauges & hose, mine was £40 off ebay.

The fire extinguisher CO2 is good quality and welds just as well as a disposible bottle of CO2. Obviously better with argoshield but that's a lot more spendy.

cheers

Stewart

geoff

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
Hi,

I've got a spare pureshiels argon bottle (full). I put the regulator on to show it has just over 200bar.
the bottle is 3 feet tall & 5" across.
You can have both for £70

Geoff

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:01:12 PM by geoff »

knuckles

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
When i need my mig fired up again i was going to get a regulator and a bottle from these guys seems like fair deal better than Halfrauds mini bottles.

http://www.russellgas.co.uk/id50.htm

lexi

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »
 Pureshield is for welding stainless and ally. Not for mild steel.

geoff

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
Pureshield is for welding stainless and ally. Not for mild steel.

Well i never knew that, i've been using it for years. It's worked ok but i suppose i could have got better results with a different gas.
I googled it and found this,

"When MIG-welding ferrous materials, pure argon is not an ideal shielding gas, as it produces an arc with poor cathodic rooting characteristics, large droplet size and therefore higher levels of spatter. For this reason, BOC Industrial recommends that"

Geoff

lexi

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »
 ;D

Your welding will be so much better and easier Geoff with the Argoshield.
  Still a great buy that Pureshield for someone.

cfordengservices

• If it ain't broke Don't weld it !
  • Name: Callum Ford
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 01:50:53 AM »
hi there what u want idealy is argoshield universal or argoshield light  give BOC a call the bottle rental on a large bottle is around 100 pounds a year and to fill it costs round about 60-70 pounds a time.If u are only doing little bits of welding here and there it works out a bit exspensive for the rental but smaller bottles are cheaper (only know the price of full botlles off the top of my head) try there website im sure theres a full price guide on there .? If  its not feasable for you to pay the rent on a bttle and you can get an empty argoshield uni bottle id be more than happy to get it filled for you   Callum
1986 110 200tdi
1988 110 200tdi
1996 disco 300 tdi
90" 3.9 atuo mid engined toy !!

geoff

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 07:21:03 AM »
Hi Callum,

The reason i'm not too bothered about getting rid of my spare gas is because there is a professional welder not too far away that can do a good job at a good price. ;D
I'll be in touch when i can get the outriggers done on my 110

Geoff

kenny

• Name: kenny grier
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 04:46:11 PM »
check out Adams Gas

£55 deposit no rental and refills from £13 depending on what gas you use. if there are no dealers near you they can deliver. no i don't work for them but i am going to use them at these prices.

kenny

http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
2003 discovery TD5 GS

Nanocom evo

allen

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
worth a try in glasgow

http://www.siggases.com/