wanted lwb series spring shackels

· 3 · 460

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay
wanted lwb series spring shackels
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »
hi all
looking for a couple of sets of lwb leaf spring shackels for my swb 2a, trying to cut down twist in bushes a set is only lasting 12 months . if you have lwb or longer military hangers ( looking for 4  off 1 for each spring ) i would be interested in them .many thanks shug...   

bob

Re: wanted lwb series spring shackels
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
hi all
looking for a couple of sets of lwb leaf spring shackels for my swb 2a, trying to cut down twist in bushes a set is only lasting 12 months . if you have lwb or longer military hangers ( looking for 4  off 1 for each spring ) i would be interested in them .many thanks shug...   

If your trying to reduce the twist in the bushes longer shackles won't help, HOWEVER have a look at these:

www.difflock.com/buyersguide/newproducts/gone2far/index.shtml

One of the guys in the challenge competitions used to run these on a LWT with Volvo portal axles and the articulation was awesome!!!

Bob

ZebraDriver

Re: wanted lwb series spring shackels
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »
My SWB runs on a set of extended shackles (and paras) and it eats spring bushes as well.  I keep promising myself that I am going to buy bushes from LR rather than copy parts because I'm sure the cheap copys just are not up to the job.  The other thought was the polybush route but I'm told that they can give a harsh ride. Anyone got any experience of a leafer on polybushes?

ZD