Hi and looking for seats

· 8 · 979

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
Hi and looking for seats
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »
Hi,

Bought this for series 3 for my Christmas on the LRO Forum and drove it back from Forest of Dean without any issues  ;D I've got a few other classic cars and a 1941 Chevy Pickup and had the use of a 2A during last winter so decided I needed my own one this year.

It's a 3.5 V8 (with a few mods) and fitted with LPG which makes it pretty usable - it was obviously loved by it's previous owner.

I've done a few bits and bobs to it but am not happy with the seats fitted (Astra I think) as they are a bit high and I would prefer original series seats. If anyone has some for sale (or defender seats) and want an outright sale or a deal with the Astra ones I have (full lumbar etc) then please let me know.

I'm in Gullane and have downloaded the forms for the club so I can attend some of the off road days in the new year.

Cheers
D
Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

kevin18050

Re: Hi and looking for seats
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
tidy motor mate should be chuffed i would think

defenderdeb

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
Very nice  :) perhaps you could post a picture of the seats. :)

dalbuie

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »
I'll get some pics in daylight tomorrow and post them

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Hi. I'll have a pair of well worn S3 seats available in a few weeks.  Don't know about refurbing them though. N
Nigel

CBRCBR

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »
Hi Dave.
Nice looking 109".  There is a Tyro on Sunday 08/01, at Manor powis, near Stirling, which is the entry level competition, and great fun.  I hope to be there in my 88" with my son, and I think you can join on the day.  There are usually lots of people there to help out if you have not done anything like it before.

Re seats:  "Maxxed_Ross" had a pair of grey leather Defender seats a few months ago, so he may still have them.  They looked to be in reasonable nick, but needed the runners and tilt refurbishing.  I would have taken them for my SIII, but want all 3 front seats.

I am in Longniddry, so hope to see you around locally.
Cheers, Clive

dalbuie

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
Very nice  :) perhaps you could post a picture of the seats. :)

Here's a couple of pics, they come with harnesses as well.

Hi. I'll have a pair of well worn S3 seats available in a few weeks.  Don't know about refurbing them though. N

Do they have runners? If so I have found a few sites with new delux seats.

Hi Dave.
Nice looking 109".  There is a Tyro on Sunday 08/01, at Manor powis, near Stirling, which is the entry level competition, and great fun.  I hope to be there in my 88" with my son, and I think you can join on the day.  There are usually lots of people there to help out if you have not done anything like it before.

Re seats:  "Maxxed_Ross" had a pair of grey leather Defender seats a few months ago, so he may still have them.  They looked to be in reasonable nick, but needed the runners and tilt refurbishing.  I would have taken them for my SIII, but want all 3 front seats.

I am in Longniddry, so hope to see you around locally.
Cheers, Clive

Thanks Clive,

I'll look up the details and try to make it, I'm definitely 'entry level'

I'll try a PM to Maxxed_Ross and hope to see you about - or in Stirling on Sunday.

dubwiser

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 09:13:14 AM »
TBH I think those seats look fine, defo what you want for off roading with the harneses.
I think just about every seat will be high.thats just how they are! Lol

C