GET UR SHOPPING DONE

· 23 · 6264

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay
Re: GET UR SHOPPING DONE
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 07:33:48 PM »
i will be going to 22nd come hail , rain ,sleeeeet or hopefully lots and lots off snnooowwww  ;D see u all there. shug...

Bert

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »
Des/Bert, can you explain a bit more for those of us who might not understand the affiliates/MSA bit.

Is the event open only to SWAT members, SWAT members plus Mudpluggers members or anyone with current membership in an MSA registered Club ( ie SLROC) ?  Sounds like folk being friendly but actually causing grumpiness !

...and could answer the perennial question " Why bother joining a Club ?"

Thanks,

Gene.
Hi this is only a invite to come out to play ,if that makes you grumpy then i am sorry ,also i cant speak for swat,slorc thats no may job,
as for why bother joining a club i notice you are a member here i am sure you have the answer to that one already,as i said its only a invite to come out for a play in the mud i have some freinds in this club who are also in the club i am in so i will not  get into a big hooha about this .Admin if my post is a issue please remove this.

Big Slippy

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Des/Bert, can you explain a bit more for those of us who might not understand the affiliates/MSA bit.

Is the event open only to SWAT members, SWAT members plus Mudpluggers members or anyone with current membership in an MSA registered Club ( ie SLROC) ?  Sounds like folk being friendly but actually causing grumpiness !

Thanks,

Gene.

Seconded.
 Jeez... It was just a suggestion, as the 22nd didn't seem to be suitable for the majority of replies. Also, the more people turning up to pay money and play for the day surely must be a positive for the organising club.

Going off the idea rapidly though!

2005 Alive Defender 110 Double Cab
2015 Range Rover Sport

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
Whoa guys - and sorry Ruari for your thread going off-tangent.

I'm not in the slightest bit grumpy and the real wierdness here is that the event in question is nothing to do with SLROC !

All I asked was for a bit of clarification of who was invited as there seemed to be a bit of confusion. I'll let reps from the two groups involved sort that one out.

As for why be a member of an MSA affiliated Club ? Apart from the mates, organisation etc, bottom line is that events have Public Liability Insurance in place.

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »
Shug & Myself have confirmed tobe free along with a few possibilities. If you did intend to  come for a drive, send me a PM otherwise we will give it a miss till later when we have some more numbers.

Enjoy the christmas spirit eveyone.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

defenderdeb

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »

Thanks,

Gene.

Is there an answer to who the MSA permit covers at this particular event ?

Bert

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
Well Debs seen its not a mudpluggers event then i cant answer your question,oh and well done at reviving this dead post.This will be my last post on this subject so over to you Debs fire away.

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
Is there an answer to who the MSA permit covers at this particular event ?
MSA Permits provides public liability (see http://www.msauk.org/userfiles/file/005benfits.pdf)

It doesn't provide insurance for people vehicles, or people taking part in events (you take your own insurance out for that....)