Drivers door issues

· 5 · 1305

Rural rebel

Drivers door issues
« on: December 03, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
Now then, It would appear that the drivers door lock on the D2 has decided it's fed up with working alongside the rest of the cetral locking and has struck out on it's own path, now I'm all for a bit of individuality but i'd much rather it was brought back into the fold as it were.
So my question is, after having pretty much had the door apart, I can't for the life of me see where the issue lies, the action is working when you press the fob, it just doesn't seem to want to push the knob up.

Has anyone else had the same issue? Any suggestions on a fix, it's not life or death happy to use the key to unlock the drivers door but wouldn't mind not doing that too lol

So any suggestions or tips will be greatly recieved!

geoff

Re: Drivers door issues
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:26:17 PM »
Hi,

My old disco 2 had this problem on all the door locks eventually. I think you need to buy a new lock assembly, about ?70 if i remember correctly. I also think the front doors are a nightmare. Splitting the atom was easier ;D.

Geoff

piper5

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
yep mine did this last year needed a drivers door lock, everything is in the one unit, and as geoff says its a pig to change, door glass and frame out if i mind right

boghog

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »
Yup, been there and done that too. Window frame out and find the hidden bolt the manual doesn't tell you about, big one too near the mirror.

Not sure what you mean by the 'action' is working? If you are sure the actuator is working then it may just be the link rod connecting the button to the lock has jumped out of the plastic clip. You can't see it, just have to feel around the back of the mechanism. Can't imagine that this would stop the door unlocking however as the rest of it is connected to the important bits so it is more likely that it just doesn't work. About ?40 second hand on e-bay.

Rural rebel

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
Yeah kinda figured it would be an ass ache to do, I've had the door card off but as you'll appreciate even with it off you still can't see much, even with a torch and mirror.

I figured that something was loose/snapped within the gubbins of the mechanism, ho hum, just another job to add to the 'winter projects' list, thanks for the input gents!

Reb