Save a Landy for Christmas!!

· 9 · 1277

stan

• Ex Military 110
Save a Landy for Christmas!!
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
One of the last Series Three County's, with safari tropical roof, larger dual line servo brakes, tinted windows etc.

I bought this as a project from a chap who worked at Crow Engineering at Auchterarder. They used to manufacture Series chassis and then had them galvanised at Highland Galvanisers. This Landy had been re chassised by Crow onto a heavy duty galvy chassis. Bulkhead has had new footwells and is strong. It has been on my driveway for over a year now and I just have not had time to do the rebuild. Started it last week and sounds fine although clutch is either needing bled or has stuck as it will not disengage. Needs springs, brakes and attention to rear tub and doors but would make a lovely rebuild. The chassis alone is worth having as well as all of the other usable parts, engine, gearbox, axles etc but it would be a shame to break.
Comes with some spares including standard wheels, new galvanised rear cappings. Landy is in Glasgow and of course would need to be trailered, I have a pal who can do this for a reasonable amount depending on mileage.
?850.00

mac 90

Re: Save a Landy for Christmas!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:20:23 PM »
PM sent.

Buffalo Bill

• Name: Bill Conner
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »
is it petrol or diesel?
1989 110
1990 90
1988 90
1972 V8 WOOP WOOP

stan

• Ex Military 110
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 03:34:57 PM »
Sorry Bill, should have said it is petrol. Also has freewheeling front hubs.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:36:37 PM by stan »

rangerovering

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »
Don't suppose it is red with cream stripes? I know someone with a very late county similar sounding spec in those colours (hes down in Bristol though).
Steve

stan

• Ex Military 110
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »
No Steve, this one is brown with the cream stripes and originally hails from the Newcastle area but I have seen the red and cream combination and it looks good.

Ian A

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »
Stan, are you trying to make space for other garden ornaments?

Only kidding.....I've see this and it's a smart looking Landrover and will be great for someone who has the time to put to it

I just wouldn't like to get it off your drive with no brakes - Ha Ha - chuck out the anchor captain ;D

(Stan let me know if this is too cheeky and I'll remove the post)

stan

• Ex Military 110
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 02:31:00 AM »
Hi Ian,

too many things to do unfortunately, the Disco needs work to keep it on the road for winter, I have still to put on the new rear discs and pads, then there is the house, still stuff to do. Daughter needs things done to her old Saab. Oh, and work in between all that!! I would like to see the Series Three back on the road but I probably wouldn't get a chance to do much till in the near future so have decided to let it go.

Hopefully see you soon for a blether, cheers.

stan

• Ex Military 110
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
Landy is now sold, going to a good home in time for Christmas. Many thanks for the interest everyone.

Cheers, Stan