grr
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

green road run

· 24 · 5335

DRH

Re: green road run
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 09:35:43 PM »
Where is it? Never heard of Brig o Turk?

You've never lived.... Centre of the Universe, pop 163.

Its 6 miles from Callander, 1/2 hour north west of Stirling or an hour north of Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Gene
Must have been some rebuild If you're doing Stirling to Brig O Turk in 30 mins!! - I'll kep out of your way

Duncan

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
30 minutes from the Prudential to BoT regular as clockwork - barring any road-blocks like caravans, forestry trucks, tractors, Sharon's Dads Sheep.....

..and as for Edinburgh, I once did Dreghorn to home in 48 minutes, but I was young and foolish then - and in a beemer.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:42:08 PM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Sims

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »
Not been many sheep on the road for a while Gene!!! Just a few cows and calves oh and the Bull!!

Sharon

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »
 ;D
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Maxxed_Ross

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »
even my old 90 managed Livingston to Callender in an hour... although I do drive the road alot going back of forth to Dreadnought Garage so know all the sneaky passing places that the tourists miss lol

I'll need to try and get onto one of these again... they sound like they have improved from the last few I was at years ago (dead ends, constant stop - start driving, driving at 3mph in a 60 Landrover traffic jam in the middle of the wilderness lol)
"Lara" - 2001 Defender 110 Tomb Raider Edition

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 09:20:22 AM »
Just a wee note to say thanks for a great afternoon, it was my first grr (are they all like this? guided tour, beer and fresh raw fish in the pub after the run) it is great to put names to face and for me it was fantastic to see (and hear) an x RAF 101 being used as intended, there was also a very nice 88 Series 3 and a well sorted 90 diesel, also in the mix was a RR Sport (nice) and the ubber reliable Disco 1  ::),
so thats 4 petrols (3 of which were V8's) and 2 unstopable 90 diesels.
The views of the glen were fantastic, the tour very informative, the people great, and did i tell you about the sound of the 101.
Many thanks Gene.

Drew.
She said at my age I need something else to play with

lawriemoto

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Fanatastic day out on the hills, with nice people, and nice Land Rovers of different shapes and sizes, but all capable machines given the terrain. Thanks to tour guide who certainly knew his stuff, it is nice to drive through these estates, but it makes an interesting day out when you begin to understand the history.

Hope to see you all again soon

Regards
Lawrence (and Bracken the Westie) 

(Grey Defender 90)

j16mul

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
Gene,
Thanks for a very enjoyable day out yesterday afternoon.
Your knowledge of the area was excellent and most interesting.
What a great run it was ,nice to see allsorts of Landies from 101 to RR Sport tackling the route.
Look forward to more of the same.

Thanks again.

Joe Mul
Series 3.

101splat

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 12:56:38 PM »
We'll I had and exclent time on sunday fantastic grr gene was great guide and lots of info can wait till nxt time the little pub was great for pint afterwards and great to chat myself  and les enjoyed aswell david aka the gate closer
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5