Land Rover friendly welder?

· 16 · 3032

therealmcneill

Land Rover friendly welder?
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »
Hi

I've been told my 300tdi needs some welding done on the inner sills.

Does anyone know of a decent welder (that is used to working on Landies)?  Ideally near to Dalkeith.

Just wanting to either get it sorted before the winter or be told its uneconomical so I can start looking for a replaceent before my mot runs out.

Cheers

Gav

Spaceman

Re: Land Rover friendly welder?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
Yup C Ford engineering services just off motorway at linlithgow Landys are his thing and his welding is spot on.

he posts on here so may see this.

geoff

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
Hi

Callum did my D2 welding. He is highly recommended.
His number is 07825 953814

Geoff

WELDER 1

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »
hi if you give me a call on 07753772219 will nip up and give you a price for job my garage is at newbridge

therealmcneill

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Thanks for the replies and PMs.  I think I'll try Newbridge (as it's closer). I think 3D are trying to do less welding and concerntrate on mechanics.

I'll give you a shout next week as I can't drive just now with an injured shoulder  >:(

101splat

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
ive used mark to do some welding for my freinds van that wouldent fit in ma garage verry nice job indeed would highly recomend him    dave
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »
Hi Mark, long time no see.
Drew.
She said at my age I need something else to play with

Scott110

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »
 :)
Good bunch of lads working at 3d. Mot all my landys there and has to be said very fair service. Prices seem very good for a garage.
Scott
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

therealmcneill

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 07:35:01 PM »
It was 3d who spotted it but I think they're too busy to do the welding.  Certainly been happy with them for everything else.  :)

geoff

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »
call callum

WELDER 1

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
hi drew how,s the discovery doing

ffourphantomfixer

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »
Hi Mark, its dooin fine although the more i look the more wee jobs i see need dooin, so im goni just stop looking  :D
Ive been wachin a friend break 3 disco 300 over the last couple of weeks and it looks to me that it is not bad steel that kills them, its like the quality of protection on the steel is very thin/poor and in the areas that are hard to clean just rot thru with time.
The Bmw is still here but ive managed to ebay a lot of the smaller/popular bits, ive had a lot of interest in the engine and manual box but im trying to get someone to take the car as i dont want to remove them, it looks like a w**t of a job.
Are you fulltime with the garage yet?
Cheers.
Drew.

WELDER 1

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »
just about you should nip over and see brian the bmw breaker just up from me about buying the bmw 

ffourphantomfixer

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
Yeh can do, ive had some daft offers for the car and i know they know how much the engine and m5 box is worth and they still take the p**s, im not being gready just trying to get a fair price.
Ill pop down and see you.
Drew.

therealmcneill

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »
Thought I'd better put an update on this in case anyone does a search in the future.

I took my Discovery to Mark ("WELDER1" on here) and couldn't be happier with the work he's done.  His garage is between Newbridge roundabout and Edinburgh airport.

Mark is a really nice guy and was honest with me throughout the time he had my landy, even when he discovered more damage than first thought.  I don't think anyone could have worked harder or done a better job in cutting away/repairing etc all the bits that needed done.  He also seems to be fair with his prices.

I would recommend him to anyone (not that I guess that's needed as he seems plenty busy enough) and without question would use him again (don't think I'll have to for a good while  ;D )

I'm not connected to Mark in anyway and he hasn't asked for me to put this up (or know about it) but I thought it's nice to say thanks and recognise good service.